Why There's Zero Chance We Take Allen, But Why We're Not Taking Darnold

Mind Character

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

It's down to Mayfield and Darnold... forget all the rumors of Josh Allen....

If I had to bet on it... I'd still say meathead Dorsey and McCloughan win out and Baker Mayfield ends up being the guy

If they say they have a Drew Brees feel about Mayfield, I'd feel really good about the pick.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If they say they have a Drew Brees feel about Mayfield, I'd feel really good about the pick.

I can respect that opinion, but for me personnally I wouldn't feel good if they had a "Brees feel"

If they say he's Brees... then I don't trust their eyes... I'd question their scouting eye... What elements of Brees' game are similar to Baker's beyond their size and football intelligence. Their personalities are completely different. They throw the ball completely differently in terms of pacing and mechanics... Baker's a drop-down sling shot thrower like Gannon...Brees is a traditional longer motion always finishes with weight over his toes like a Tennis swing... their pass sets, feet, and strength as passers is different. Brees was elite of elite at anticipation throws. Baker's not on that level... Baker's a great QB but his play style is more Rich Gannon as an elite distributer of the football..Mayfield

Darnold play more resembles Favre (improvisation, back shoulder anticipation), Rodgers (4th quarter poise, off platform pinpoint accuracy, clutch comeback focus), Rivers (uncanny anticipation, accuracy when feet aren't precise) and healthier Big Ben (deep boundary anticipation and precision, pocket strength and change of direction to new platform)..

.. if I had to pick it would be 3 instead of 4 for Baker in terms of play style it would be prime Rich Gannon (uncanny precision window thrower, quick decision maker, can extend the play), Phillip Rivers (awkward arm angle accuracy), Kirk Cousins (deep ball boundary ability and pinpoint accuracy when running to the right),

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

For me: Darnold, Rosen or bust.

It won’t be Rosen. He doesn’t fit what Dorsey wants. I don’t think he has ever been particularly interested in him.

So... you're saying you're (hypothetically and allegedly of course) with me and the angry hoard as we set Berea ablaze for the final time soon after hearing a non-Darnold and non-Rosen name....

Just now, Mind Character said:

So... you're saying you're (hypothetically and allegedly of course) with me and the angry hoard as we set Berea ablaze for the final time soon after hearing a non-Darnold and non-Rosen name....

I’ll have to Conor McGregor it and hop over on a plane with my boys, but count me in.

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’ll have to Conor McGregor it and hop over on a plane with my boys, but count me in.

I can't promise much will be left by the time your plane lands, but I'll make sure we the angry mob will save you and your bretheren the HQ sign that says "Browns HQ".... just fyi the event is byok...bring your own kerosene....

It’s easy to read into every tea leave. 

I’m choosing to be 100% confident we’re taking Darnold. It’s tradition for me to be optimistic until our picks are announced, and then cycle quickly through the stages of grief.

We’ve already picked Darnold

Dorsey had a reputation to uphold

everyone living in reality who actually watch football knows Darnold is the right pick 

Dorsey is a scout first and foremost 

scouts know Darnold is the right pick

weve already taken him 

Anyone else see Colin Cowherd's proposal (on the 6th)?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6BZthZpV0

We send #1 to the Pats, for 23, 31, 43, 63 and a 2019 1st.  

I don't know.  3 1's and 2 2's?  Part of me thinks it is worth considering, and part of me thinks that we agree to it in principle on draft day, screw up the paperwork, take OUR QB at 1, and then immediately after the pick, we have Jimmy Truckstop go on TV with the talking heads at the NFL Network, and tell Bill Belichik that he just got "Garoppolo'd" and turn around and walk back into the "war room."

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We’ve already picked Darnold

Dorsey had a reputation to uphold

everyone living in reality who actually watch football knows Darnold is the right pick 

Dorsey is a scout first and foremost 

scouts know Darnold is the right pick

weve already taken him 

Just like his best friend scout and "most respected scout in the league" and perennial drunkard Sccot McCloughan thinks Baker's the guy???

More accurate to say some scouts think Darnold is the right pick...

stay in denial as long as you can..

7 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Anyone else see Colin Cowherd's proposal (on the 6th)?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6BZthZpV0

We send #1 to the Pats, for 23, 31, 43, 63 and a 2019 1st.  

I don't know.  3 1's and 2 2's?  Part of me thinks it is worth considering, and part of me thinks that we agree to it in principle on draft day, screw up the paperwork, take OUR QB at 1, and then immediately after the pick, we have Jimmy Truckstop go on TV with the talking heads at the NFL Network, and tell Bill Belichik that he just got "Garoppolo'd" and turn around and walk back into the "war room."

I don’t want to trade down, but I’d take that deal since we also pick 4th. It’d be literally impossible for us to screw up with 3 1sts and 5 2nds.

Archived