Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

On 1/15/2019 at 8:00 AM, Skinsin2013 said:

In the 10 games Otto Porter has had a usage rate of 19.0% or better this year, the Wizards are 7-3. Thankfully, his usage rate is 25.4 (not weighted) the last 8 games.

One more... Otto's 3pt% splits:

OCT - 28%

NOV - 41%

DEC - 40%

JAN - 46%

Shoot Otto Shoot!

I love the fact that Porter is making his 3's and they seem to be playing better. Beal is putting in 30 point games!!! Why can't Beal be this same guy with Wall? Beal's "this is my house gesture" where is that aggresiveness along with Walls when on the court together? 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I love the fact that Porter is making his 3's and they seem to be playing better. Beal is putting in 30 point games!!! Why can't Beal be this same guy with Wall? Beal's "this is my house gesture" where is that aggresiveness along with Walls when on the court together? 

Hard to be aggressive with Wall hogging the ball the whole time.

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Demand for the ball! Let Wall know you want the ball. 

Why should it work this way? Pass the ball, defend, set screens. Be a good teammate. Do what it takes to win.

PGs run the show. If your solution is for Beal to "demand for the ball," there's a problem.

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Why should it work this way? Pass the ball, defend, set screens. Be a good teammate. Do what it takes to win.

PGs run the show. If your solution is for Beal to "demand for the ball," there's a problem.

Wall isn't doing anything wrong if this same Beal doesn't show up with a healthy Wall. When on the court together I never seen this "Aggressive" Beal is show up so I have no problem with Wall taking that role if no one else would do so. 

37 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Wall isn't doing anything wrong if this same Beal doesn't show up with a healthy Wall. When on the court together I never seen this "Aggressive" Beal is show up so I have no problem with Wall taking that role if no one else would do so. 

Wall isn't an efficient scorer though, so you should have a problem with Wall doing that.  

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Suggesting that Beal wasn't aggressive, when Wall was playing, is absolutely false. I've never heard that narrative... not once.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:30 PM, Skinsin2013 said:

Suggesting that Beal wasn't aggressive, when Wall was playing, is absolutely false. I've never heard that narrative... not once.

Where are these 30 point games while Wall is playing? Wall is not a selfish PG, his is a passing PG. Walls number one ability is getting to the basket creating open shots and scoring opportunities for others. I just would like to see all 3 guys Wall, Beal, and Porter play at the level their all capable of playing at Together! Wall and Beal should give you 25 a night a piece. While Porter gives another 17-20. Thats about 70 points from the top paid players. Beal with at least 15 thirty point games. Trade deadline is coming soon we can see if anyone is moved. 

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Then you’re ok with another 10 years of mediocrity then?

I didn't sign Porter before trying to see if PG would be a option or go after other favorable Free Agents nor did I  hire Ernie Grunfield. So no I'm not fine with mediocrity. 

Edited by Skins212689

Suggesting Wall is a passing PG... that should then have 25 PPGs. 9_9

Also, you shouldn't get all upset when a guy (Wall) with a 20-25% usage rate is removed and other players' stats go up. They're eating up his usage rate. Happens all the time. You don't just put him back on the team and expect everyone else to maintain said stats. Wall will eat their usage rate up.

What you should be upset with is that we're playing harder, and winning more, WITHOUT him. Net ratings are up too.

How bad/top-heavy is the East? At 14 games out of first place, the Wizards are only 4 games out of the #6 seed, while six games under 0.500. On the plus side, they are 7-3 in their last ten, so they've got that going for them.