Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. The Wiz would be so much better without Wall and Beal. Sato and Meeks who was recently suspended would have them contending....

This is pretty silly.  They would obviously draft replacements for Wall and Beal after tanking.  They'd also receive some assets via trading both.  Sato and Meeks wouldn't be the long term replacements.

18 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I'm a tanking proponent, but it is important to note that it's not as easy as the Sixers are now making it seem. For every Simmons there's a Jahlil Okafor / Nerlens Noel / DeAngelo Russell.

The Thunder tanked and landed Durant, Westbrook and James Harden. 

You’re right it used to be even easier before draft lottery and in baseball is by far the best way to build a dynasty ( unless you are the Yankees or Dodgers and can buy it)

tanking is like a diet- a little pain for long term reward- your a average looking chub and I tell you that if you give me fives years for a makeover then you get all the hottest girls for the next ten years. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. The Wiz would be so much better without Wall and Beal. Sato and Meeks who was recently suspended would have them contending....

Can you quote me where I said that?

Can you let us all know what we're going to win with them?

You're good with three knee operations and a doubling salary?

26 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Can you quote me where I said that?

Can you let us all know what we're going to win with them?

You're good with three knee operations and a doubling salary?

Yes, I’m good with it. He’s often times the best player on the court. It’s not my fault if you think a 6’5 PG with blazing speed is easily replaceable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Yes, I’m good with it. He’s often times the best player on the court. It’s not my fault if you think a 6’5 PG with blazing speed is easily replaceable. 

Trade Wall for draft picks
Fire Ernie
Draft competently

The last true dump/rebuild was probably the Caps. Unfortunately, they didn't start one year later.

Edited by Skinsin2013

5 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

What am I missing from that article that I didn't really acknowledge? It wasn't just tanking and drafting that did it. They signed/traded for most/all of their pieces. That Nets deal was a crazy one-off in my book.

I highly doubt the Hawks, Magic, Suns or Grizz will give us two unprotected firsts for Wall. 

Edited by MikeT14

Just now, MKnight82 said:

It just comes down to whether you believe a team built around Wall, Beal & Porter can win a NBA Championship.  I do not.

I agree. Actually think you're better off with a guard, forward, center (if you're going to spend big on three positions)... that spaces the floor out a lot more effectively.

Wiz could benefit from more players that consistently play defense. Of those three, that's Porter.