PF Kyle Kuzma: 17 pts, 3 asts, 8 rebs

Rui Hachimura: 13 pts, 1 ast, 5 rebs

Taj Gibson: 4 pts, 4 rebs

Anthony Gill: 4 pts, 3 rebs

Isaiah Todd: 2 pts, 1 reb

C Porzingis (KP): 21 pts, 3 asts, 9 rebs

Gafford: 9 pts, 1 ast, 6 rebs

Vernon Carey: 3 pts, 2 rebs

* Johnny Davis will spend most of the year as the 11th man on the team. A lot like Otto Porter when we drafted him in 2013, they will take it slow with Davis in his development. They’ll let him develop his 3-pt shot & as he becomes more consistent as a 3-pt shooter he will get more minutes as the season goes on and in future years as a 3 & D reserve SG & SF. I could see Davis as our starting SF in his 3rd year after two years of developing behind Beal.

Shackel, Todd & Carey will probably see a lot of time in the G-league this year & possibly Johnny Davis as well.

I'd like Beal to score less while Kispert scores more. Kispert averaging 15 off the bench is more what I would like to see. If him and Rui both can produce those numbers they really could surprise a lot of people. I like the depth they have coming off the bench. Rui, Kispert, Deni should be the main scorers of the second unit. 15 a piece from Rui and Kispert plus 10 from Deni gives the bench 40 points already. 

5 hours ago, DCNative said:

I'd like Beal to score less while Kispert scores more. Kispert averaging 15 off the bench is more what I would like to see. If him and Rui both can produce those numbers they really could surprise a lot of people. I like the depth they have coming off the bench. Rui, Kispert, Deni should be the main scorers of the second unit. 15 a piece from Rui and Kispert plus 10 from Deni gives the bench 40 points already. 

I’d love to see that too, but I don’t do predictions on what I’d love to see if everything went perfect. I do predictions on what’s likely to happen. Beal plays 36-37 mpg, so, he’s going to get near 30 ppg. So, Corey will at most be playing 25 mpg but most likely about 20-22 mpg. I guess maybe Corey averages 10-12 ppg instead of 9, but I don’t see as much as 15. 

The same goes for Rui & Deni too if you’re going to make the argument Deni should be projected to score near 15 ppg as well. To me, it comes down minutes for our young guys to score that much a game. I don’t see Corey, Deni or Rui starting at SF over Barton and getting 30-35 mpg like starters so. I think WUJ will chose Barton to start bc Barton is more consistent on both ends, WUJ knows what he has in the vet Barton & will trust him as a starter to do what he wants on both sides of the court. That leaves the up & down young guys Corey, Deni & Rui to be our top bench players along w/ back up PG Delon Wright & Gafford.

If Rui was playing starting mpg like he did as a rookie & in his 2nd year I’d say he’ll average 15-18 ppg but as Kuzma’s back up, who may get some time at SF w/ Kuz at PF or vice versa, Rui is likely to get 20-25 mpg. So, unless Rui has improved enough w/ his handles & perimeter D to beat out Barton, Corey & Deni to be the starting SF next to Kuz as a starter, Rui is going to come in off the bench & avg 20-25 mpg, that’s why I have him averaging 13 ppg instead of 15 pts or more per game.

Bottom line is that it’s not about ability for Corey, Deni or Rui to get 15 ppg or more, it’s about them NOT getting the 30 mpg or more to score 15 plus ppg.

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’d love to see that too, but I don’t do predictions on what I’d love to see if everything went perfect. I do predictions on what’s likely to happen. Beal plays 36-37 mpg, so, he’s going to get near 30 ppg. So, Corey will at most be playing 25 mpg but most likely about 20-22 mpg. I guess maybe Corey averages 10-12 ppg instead of 9, but I don’t see as much as 15. 

The same goes for Rui & Deni too if you’re going to make the argument Deni should be projected to score near 15 ppg as well. To me, it comes down minutes for our young guys to score that much a game. I don’t see Corey, Deni or Rui starting at SF over Barton and getting 30-35 mpg like starters so. I think WUJ will chose Barton to start bc Barton is more consistent on both ends, WUJ knows what he has in the vet Barton & will trust him as a starter to do what he wants on both sides of the court. That leaves the up & down young guys Corey, Deni & Rui to be our top bench players along w/ back up PG Delon Wright & Gafford.

If Rui was playing starting mpg like he did as a rookie & in his 2nd year I’d say he’ll average 15-18 ppg but as Kuzma’s back up, who may get some time at SF w/ Kuz at PF or vice versa, Rui is likely to get 20-25 mpg. So, unless Rui has improved enough w/ his handles & perimeter D to beat out Barton, Corey & Deni to be the starting SF next to Kuz as a starter, Rui is going to come in off the bench & avg 20-25 mpg, that’s why I have him averaging 13 ppg instead of 15 pts or more per game.

Bottom line is that it’s not about ability for Corey, Deni or Rui to get 15 ppg or more, it’s about them NOT getting the 30 mpg or more to score 15 plus ppg.

You think more of Beal than I do. I don't see Beal scoring like that with the additions of Porzingas, Barton, and Morris. If Beal is scoring 29 ppg I promise the Wizards aren't doing something right. 

15 hours ago, DCNative said:

You think more of Beal than I do. I don't see Beal scoring like that with the additions of Porzingas, Barton, and Morris. If Beal is scoring 29 ppg I promise the Wizards aren't doing something right. 

Beal scored 30 ppg in 2020 & 31 ppg & nearly won the scoring title against Steph Curry while playing w/ Westbrook in 2021. He’s scored over 25 ppg 3 straight years until last year. 

Beal will be the #1 scoring option by far. He’ll have the green light to shoot it every time. WUJ said they want to get Beal back on more catch and shoot looks & coming off some screens. Last time Beal had that kind of offense w/ Wall setting him up & Markieff Morris/Gortat screening for him, Beal shot 38% from 3 in 2018. 

If he can get back to 35 plus % from 3, that’s another made 3 or two a game he’ll knock down. He’s at least going to be a 25 pt scorer & I think he gets close to 30 ppg again bc his efficiency will improve w/ all the talent around him. He should have better looks than he had last year, similar to when Russ was here in 2020-21.

Edited by turtle28

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...