Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

John Wall has played in 113 of a possible 410 basketball games in the past 5 seasons.  

Your Point? Guess you forgot to mention he was Shut Down last season due to Houston wanting their Young Core players to get live playing time. Wall wasn't part of their Future plans. Let's see what he does with the Clippers. 

32 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Your Point? Guess you forgot to mention he was Shut Down last season due to Houston wanting their Young Core players to get live playing time. Wall wasn't part of their Future plans. Let's see what he does with the Clippers. 

lol okay, remove last season. John Wall has played in 113 out of 328 basketball games. 34%. That's pretty rough considering he's 32 at the start of next season and his game is reliant on organized chaos.  

Just 40 games in the last three seasons is rough, no matter the circumstances. Hopefully he's finally healthy. I would love to see him ball out again. 

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

lol okay, remove last season. John Wall has played in 113 out of 328 basketball games. 34%. That's pretty rough considering he's 32 at the start of next season and his game is reliant on organized chaos.  

Just 40 games in the last three seasons is rough, no matter the circumstances. Hopefully he's finally healthy. I would love to see him ball out again. 

Just remember this isn't Football. NBA players longevity is different. As you said, hopefully he's healthy and can ball out again. Check out some of his play before he was shut down. He was producing 20 points and nine assist. 

25 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Just remember this isn't Football. NBA players longevity is different. As you said, hopefully he's healthy and can ball out again. Check out some of his play before he was shut down. He was producing 20 points and nine assist. 

I think the concern is can he do it for 82 games? Even 65? Plus playoffs? I have no doubt he's still talented. He made Wizards games watchable. His issue has been durability. 

• Like 1

I’m happy for John Wall. I’ve now become a Clippers fan - after the Wiz of course - but, I want to see Wall win a title w/ Kahwai & PG13, definitely over Lebyawn winning another one w/ Westbrick & the scarecrow Davis.

I’ve always kind of liked the Clippers anyway. I wanted the Wiz to draft/trade for/get Kawhai multiple times & to get PG13 at one point years ago too when he ended up being traded to OKC to play with Westbrick.

The Clippers are a likable team & a team that’s easy to root for in the West over some of the teams that have been competing for championships there. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Will Barton finally comes to DC like 6 years later lol 

This is a decent pull tbh. 

Yeah man, I was going to say the same thing. Trading KCP & Ish Smith to Nuggets for Monte Morris & Will Barton is a win for the Wiz. I like the trade. Monte Morris is a better starting option at PG than Ish Smith & Will Barton is a more versatile/better all around player than KCP. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah man, I was going to say the same thing. Trading KCP & Ish Smith to Nuggets for Monte Morris & Will Barton is a win for the Wiz. I like the trade. Monte Morris is a better starting option at PG than Ish Smith & Will Barton is a more versatile/better all around player than KCP. 

To your latter part, we'll see. Barton years ago maybe, but his 3&D element that KCP had is severely lacking. Morris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ish

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

To your latter part, we'll see. Barton years ago maybe, but his 3&D element that KCP had is severely lacking. Morris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ish

Isn’t Barton still a solid defensive player? I think they’re pretty similar in that aspect.

Also, last 3 years Barton was 37.5%, 38% & 36.5% from 3. KCP was 38.5%, 41% & 39%.

So while KCP was better, it’s not like he was better by a wide range. I also would say that Barton is better off the bounce. Maybe that’s just the small sample size I’ve saw of Barton in the playoffs but to me he’s a more well rounded player than KCP offensively & they’re pretty equal on defense.

I’m guessing the Nuggets are doing this bc they don’t plan on extending Monte Morris after this season. They have Jammal Murray coming back to be their starting PG & they like Cappazo more than Morris moving forward as Murray’s back up.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Isn’t Barton still a solid defensive player? I think they’re pretty similar in that aspect.

He fell off a cliff per Nuggets fans. They seem overall pleased to swap KCP for Barton at the expense of Morris. 

I find it odd that Denver people on Twitter seem to think KCP is a big get. He’s a fine player, but…?

I think Morris is the most valuable asset in this trade, and I don’t think it’s that close either. He’s the youngest player, the best player, and he’s the only one on a multi-year deal (2/$18.5M basically). Remains to be seen whether he can function as a full-time PG on a team where the C doesn’t handle a lot of the traditional PG duties — but he’s always been a very solid player who I liked a lot, dating back to his time at ISU. 

I think the talent edge for us is so substantial that I had honestly been figuring that there must have been some salary benefit in it for Denver due to both KCP and Ish having non-guaranteed contracts. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. They just wanted KCP that bad, I guess.

Barton remains a totally playable wing, which is always in high demand. He’s also a $14.5M expiring contract, so it would be interesting to see if there was a chance they could package him with someone like Rui or Deni at the deadline for a player making $20M or so from a rebuilding team. I still think they need to try to swap quantity for quality at the forward spots.

Morris

Beal | Davis

Kuzma | Kispert | Barton

Hachimura | Avdija

Porzingis | Gafford

Go find yourself a solid backup PG and maybe one more big man for depth and bonus fouls, and that’s probably about the end of it. Wouldn’t be the worst 12 I’ve ever seen. Not the best 12 I’ve ever seen either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

He fell off a cliff per Nuggets fans. They seem overall pleased to swap KCP for Barton at the expense of Morris. 

Perhaps they don’t know what they’re getting back in return. I’m guessing Nuggets fans never watch Wizards games. As I said, at least we’ve seen Will Barton play in some prime time TNT/ESPN games & in the playoffs last year. 

I’m guessing that Nuggets fans didn’t see a minute of KCP play last year for the Wizards. 

I’ll stand by my opinion that at worst swapping out KCP w/ Barton is a wash & it may be a slight positive as Barton is more than just a 3 & D player. 

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

I find it odd that Denver people on Twitter seem to think KCP is a big get. He’s a fine player, but…?

I think Morris is the most valuable asset in this trade, and I don’t think it’s that close either. He’s the youngest player, the best player, and he’s the only one on a multi-year deal (2/$18.5M basically). Remains to be seen whether he can function as a full-time PG on a team where the C doesn’t handle a lot of the traditional PG duties — but he’s always been a very solid player who I liked a lot, dating back to his time at ISU. 

I think the talent edge for us is so substantial that I had honestly been figuring that there must have been some salary benefit in it for Denver due to both KCP and Ish having non-guaranteed contracts. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. They just wanted KCP that bad, I guess.

Barton remains a totally playable wing, which is always in high demand. He’s also a $14.5M expiring contract, so it would be interesting to see if there was a chance they could package him with someone like Rui or Deni at the deadline for a player making $20M or so from a rebuilding team. I still think they need to try to swap quantity for quality at the forward spots.

Morris

Beal | Davis

Kuzma | Kispert | Barton

Hachimura | Avdija

Porzingis | Gafford

Go find yourself a solid backup PG and maybe one more big man for depth and bonus fouls, and that’s probably about the end of it. Wouldn’t be the worst 12 I’ve ever seen. Not the best 12 I’ve ever seen either.

I wonder if they still go sign a PG like Tyus Jones & have him & Morris compete to be the starting PG. It’d be a good competition IMO. I could see that going either way.

I’m actually wondering if it’s going to be  your projected starting lineup they go with or if it’s Barton starting at SF & Kuz at PF w/ Rui coming off the bench. So, after acquiring Tyus Jones, it’d be this:

PG: Morris | T. Jones | Cassius Winston 

SG: Beal | J. Davis

SF: Barton | Kispert | Avdija

PF: Kuzma | Rui | A. Gill | I. Todd

C : Porzingis | Gafford | V. Carey

Edited by turtle28