Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The draft was fine. Worst kept secret we were going to get Davis, and I'm fine with the pick, despite him not being the actual PG we need. That said, it'll be nice to have him on the floor. 

Would have loved to have seen if 10 (Davis) plus Rui/Deni/Kispert/KCP or something else was enough to get to 5 to get Ivey.

Yannick is wildly interesting. Throwing a dart at a wall hoping it hits bullseye is fine with a late second rounder like that, especially if you weren't going to go the Vince Williams or Keve Aluma type route. He can be stashed for a long time. 

Our issue was there really wasn’t a day 1, NBA level PG ready guy after Ivey in this draft. 

I hope we can sign Tyus Jones, sign Gary Payton II or trade for Shake Milton. I wouldn’t mind them signing Dennis Schroder or Ricky Rubio either. If they had signed Scheoder last year instead of Dinwiddie and tried to force a combo guard into playing PG, then they may have had a better season.

They also could trade for Collin Sexton. The issue is he’s coming off a torn ACL but, he’s got plenty of potential to be a really good/great PG in the league. With Garland breaking out last year for Cleveland, they may be looking to move him rather than re-signing him.

The Kings should’ve drafted Ivey & over the course of this season decided which one of their 4 young guards (DiVincenzo, Fox, Ivey & Mitchell) to trade for a forward or center to help make their team complete/balanced. I hope the Wizards trade for DiVincenzo or Fox!

😂 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Kings should’ve drafted Ivey & over the course of this season decided which one of their 4 young guards (DiVincenzo, Fox, Ivey & Mitchell) to trade for a forward or center to help make their team complete/balanced. I hope the Wizards trade for DiVincenzo or Fox!

😂

Bagley over Luka and Trae is an absolutely franchise-destroying decision. 

Teams just stay obsessed with taking big guys at the top of the draft. It was nearly unavoidable in this year’s version — but how many times in recent years are teams looking back and feeling like they nailed it with the PF/C they took in the first few picks? 

Even the Suns with Deandre Ayton — who has turned out to be about as good as they possibly could have hoped for — aren’t sure they want make him a mega-contract guy. It’s a shot-creator game now, and these guys who don’t score much without being set up just don’t move the needle like they used to. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, e16bball said:

Bagley over Luka and Trae is an absolutely franchise-destroying decision. 

Teams just stay obsessed with taking big guys at the top of the draft. It was nearly unavoidable in this year’s version — but how many times in recent years are teams looking back and feeling like they nailed it with the PF/C they took in the first few picks? 

Even the Suns with Deandre Ayton — who has turned out to be about as good as they possibly could have hoped for — aren’t sure they want make him a mega-contract guy. It’s a shot-creator game now, and these guys who don’t score much without being set up just don’t move the needle like they used to. 

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Same Page GIF by E!

I know rumors are swirling about Wall going to the Lakers but if Beal stays I would Love to see Wall come back Home to DC. Wall could definitely fill that PG position Washington has been missing while they still sign a backup or just keep Ish Smith as that guy. Giving the depth of the team now, I definitely think with a healthy Wall they could go further than ever before.