Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

55 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why would the Warriors swap out Beal for Thompson?

I actually think the Warriors would be all over that.  Thompson doesn't look the same anymore and will be 33 by the start of next season.  The question is why would the Wizards want a 33 year old who just missed 2 seasons with major injuries? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I actually think the Warriors would be all over that.  Thompson doesn't look the same anymore and will be 33 by the start of next season.  The question is why would the Wizards want a 33 year old who just missed 2 seasons with major injuries? 

Because when healthy he's definitely more dependable than Beal. How has Thompson looked since returning from injury? 

It's crazy how subpar DC fans are. Beal has done what to say he can lead them to a Championship? 

2 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Because when healthy he's definitely more dependable than Beal. How has Thompson looked since returning from injury? 

It's crazy how subpar DC fans are. Beal has done what to say he can lead them to a Championship? 

You obviously don't watch basketball.  He has not looked like the same player this year and he's just going to be a year older next year.  He cannot stay in front of guards on defense anymore, The Grizzlies were targeting in specifically in that series.  He had the lowest 3 point percentage of his career this year despite taking more 3 pointers than ever. His overall field goal percentage was the lowest since his 2nd year in the league, and his steals were the lowest of his career.  He was a great 2 way player.  He isn't anymore.  

On top of that he has never been and never will be a #1 option on a team.  He's always been a #2 guy, and trading for a guy like that at the age of 33 years old when you don't have a #1 guy is just stupid. Trading Beal for Klay Thompson makes absolutely no sense, and that's from a guy who's been calling for the Wizards to trade Beal for years.  They need to trade Beal, trading him for Thompson would be stupid. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't know about this one.  He's a solid player but I'm suspicious that he wouldn't play as well out of that Spurs system and I think he has a little bit of that "on a bad team so someone has to accumulate some stats" thing going on. He just made his first all star team this year so this would be buying high on him.  

Also are the Spurs even open to trading Murray? 

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You obviously don't watch basketball.  He has not looked like the same player this year and he's just going to be a year older next year.  He cannot stay in front of guards on defense anymore, The Grizzlies were targeting in specifically in that series.  He had the lowest 3 point percentage of his career this year despite taking more 3 pointers than ever. His overall field goal percentage was the lowest since his 2nd year in the league, and his steals were the lowest of his career.  He was a great 2 way player.  He isn't anymore.  

On top of that he has never been and never will be a #1 option on a team.  He's always been a #2 guy, and trading for a guy like that at the age of 33 years old when you don't have a #1 guy is just stupid. Trading Beal for Klay Thompson makes absolutely no sense, and that's from a guy who's been calling for the Wizards to trade Beal for years.  They need to trade Beal, trading him for Thompson would be stupid. 

We agree Beal needs to be traded. I never said Klay would be the only returning peice. Get some other assets as well. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We’d do it because Klay is cheaper. If we re-sign Beal it’s going to cost $250 million 

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't know about this one.  He's a solid player but I'm suspicious that he wouldn't play as well out of that Spurs system and I think he has a little bit of that "on a bad team so someone has to accumulate some stats" thing going on. He just made his first all star team this year so this would be buying high on him.  

Also are the Spurs even open to trading Murray? 

People keep saying, let’s trade for this guy or that guy and they’re not even on the trade block. Murray isn’t on the trade block as I’ve seen, just like certain QBs that Commanders fans wanted to trade for the last year weren’t on the trade block either like David Carr.

28 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jimmy Butler all better options than Bradley Beal. Anthony Edwards I would also say will be a better Main peice than Bradley Beal. 

What’s the point in this post?

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’d do it because Klay is cheaper. If we re-sign Beal it’s going to cost $250 million 

Like your way of thinking. Use that money to actually add talent to what we have. Bring in players that fit around Kuzma, Rui, and Porzingas.  

8 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Like your way of thinking. Use that money to actually add talent to what we have. Bring in players that fit around Kuzma, Rui, and Porzingas.  

Trading Beal for Klay Thompson does not save the Wizards any money.  In fact for the 2022-2023 season Thompson is more expensive than Beal (Thompson is $43.2 mil Beal is $36.4 mil).  Beyond that season Beal is a FA and will want a 5-year $242 mil max extension, or an average of $48.4 mil per season. Generally Year 1 is the lowest cap hit so it may be more in the $42-43 mil range in 2023-2024 season.  Thompson that year makes $43.2 mil so its likely a wash.  Then Thompson is a FA after that and will want a ton of money at 35 years old.  

Trading Bradley Beal for Klay Thompson makes no sense.