Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

On 2/4/2022 at 11:46 PM, lavar703 said:

Beal for Simmons should’ve been done awhile ago. It’s the most logical move for both teams. 

It definitely should’ve been done a while ago. We’d totally switch the identity of our team from a soft team with Beal who doesn’t lead and whines too much to a tough defensive team with a supreme playmaker at point forward if we made this trade.

Then we need to trade Harrell too for a reserve guard hopefully, maybe KCP & Harrell.

PG: Simmons, Neto

SG: Dinwiddie, Holiday 

SF: KCP, Avdija, Kispert

PF: Kuzma, Rui, Bertans

C : Gafford, Bryant 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Not like Wes would play our most athletic and best defensive center anyways but it’s an FYI.

Chris Miller was on Kevin Sheehan’s show this morning, he doesn’t expect a lot of moves with this team and doesn’t expect  that Bradley Beal will be traded now. He was definitely clear that Beal & his team need to sit down & have a discussion with Ted/Tommy/Wes etc about their intentions for the future. 

Chris said that Ted/Tommy aren’t going to trade Beal w/o him telling them that he doesn’t want to re-sign in DC. When I heard that I nearly broke my steering wheel driving to the office. What mismanagement! They have allowed Beal dictate the moves this front office has made since 2020 when they traded Wall - they didn’t ask Wall if he wanted traded, they just did it and basically stabbed him in the back while doing so.

I just don’t get this Beal love. He’s a passive aggressive guy IMO, he’s not a great leader and he’s not a #1. We can’t build a contender around him because he’s not a #1 as others have said giving Beal a Super Max extension will ruin this franchise for years bc he’s not a #1 and shouldn’t be paid as one.

I hope they trade him as we’ve all talked about before and we get back some young talent, a good player and a few picks.

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

What a nightmare. 

Of Tommy Shepard and Ted Leonsis own creation. Beal should be in Golden State right now. Not accepting the trade that was reportedly on the table was just asinine. Also, Sheppard is not a good GM.  He’s Ernie. His free agent signings are bad, his contract extensions are bad and his drafting is atrocious. He’s the exact same guy. And before anyone says “well the Westbrook trade” Ernie got Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. It happens sometimes. 

I mean, he picked two foreign players with his first two top 10 picks and then picked his Jarvis Hayes equivalent in Kispert. It’s like Ernie never left. 

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Of Tommy Shepard and Ted Leonsis own creation. Beal should be in Golden State right now. Not accepting the trade that was reportedly on the table was just asinine. Also, Sheppard is not a good GM.  He’s Ernie. His free agent signings are bad, his contract extensions are bad and his drafting is atrocious. He’s the exact same guy. And before anyone says “well the Westbrook trade” Ernie got Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. It happens sometimes. 

I mean, he picked two foreign players with his first two top 10 picks and then picked his Jarvis Hayes equivalent in Kispert. It’s like Ernie never left. 

There's nothing worse in the NBA than being mediocre.  If the Wizards want to get better they need to get worse first. Fire sale the roster and tank for high draft picks.  The Wizards are not a FA destination so building through the draft is there only chance. 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 5:44 PM, e16bball said:

What a nightmare. 

You know I had them as the 2nd best run organization for most of last decade in DC after the Caps as they were challenged to make the Eastern Conference finals 3 times w/ Wall & Beal together.

Now they’re about equal with the Commanders. They’re still above them but they’re definitely a distant 3rd behind the Nats after the Nats won the World Series.

They should’ve traded Beal when this team started to spiral out of control in late December & early January but, in typical DC sports fashion they waited too long to trade a star when they could’ve gotten the best return for him a 4 to 8 weeks ago.

It’s truly a disaster.

All we can hope for now is that they do trade Trez & KCP away to playoff teams and they let these young kids play. Hopefully that leads us to a top 5 pick and a difference making PG like Jaden Ivey or TyTy Washington.

Just a thought, but bc Beal is now injured, I wonder if the Beal for Simmons trade may be more real?

I can definitely see where people don’t think it’s possible but I don’t know, maybe it is. 

Trade Harrell tomorrow also & then we have this as our lineup the rest of the year:

PG: Simmons, Neto

SG: Dinwiddie, KCP (he sees minutes as a back up) Holiday

SF: KCP, Avdija, Kispert

PF: Kuzma, Rui, Bertans

C : Gafford, Bryant 

Pretty hard to imagine that they’re just going to stand pat here at the deadline. 

Yes, they are totally boned by the Beal injury. No one is trading big assets for a rental who can’t play. Absolute disaster scenario. 

But they may as well get rid of some of these other guys to enhance the tank. Montrezl Harrell would have value to lots of good teams, as should KCP. And there are teams out there who could do worse at PG than Dinwiddie. Especially if anyone is willing to wager that the jump shot is going to come around with more time on the court. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Pretty hard to imagine that they’re just going to stand pat here at the deadline. 

Yes, they are totally boned by the Beal injury. No one is trading big assets for a rental who can’t play. Absolute disaster scenario. 

But they may as well get rid of some of these other guys to enhance the tank. Montrezl Harrell would have value to lots of good teams, as should KCP. And there are teams out there who could do worse at PG than Dinwiddie. Especially if anyone is willing to wager that the jump shot is going to come around with more time on the court. 

And yet, so far, here we are doing nothing. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

2nd for the salary I guess? What a wild swing of events. Bertans (thank god), Dinwiddie, Harrell out. Porzingis, Carey Jr, Smith in. 

Just shut Porzingis down for the year. He’s on the books for 2/$69M after this season, and all playing him this year is going to do is give them a better chance of winning (and a better chance of messing up his knees). Both would be major losses at this point. 

• Like 1