Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

An Everybody eats night in NYC w/ the Wizards win:

Dinwiddie: 21pts, 12 asts, 7 reb (3-7 from 3) main concern was 4-10 from FT line. He should’ve had 25 plus pts.

Kispert: 20pts (4-5 from 3). With Kispert playing as he did tonight and us having KCP, Deni & Rui coming back, there’s absolutely zero reason for Bertans to get minutes.

Kuzma: 18pts (2 huge 3’s in the 4th), 10 rebs

Holiday: 16pts (4-7 from 3), 5 asts 

Harrell: 15pts, 4 rebs

Deni: 14pts, 5 rebs & great defense once again. Deni checked Julius Randle most of the night and again played solid D.

Gafford: 11pts, 6 rebs

The Beal conversation isn't complete unless you're weaving in the potential of a supermax. 

He's a very good player. 

NOT a supermax guy. 

You trade him (package a player or two with him) for a draft pick heavy return. That would give us depth (already have it), opportunity for young guys to grow, cap space, and picks. 

I'll take my chance with THAT over supermaxing Beal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

The Beal conversation isn't complete unless you're weaving in the potential of a supermax. 

He's a very good player. 

NOT a supermax guy. 

You trade him (package a player or two with him) for a draft pick heavy return. That would give us depth (already have it), opportunity for young guys to grow, cap space, and picks. 

I'll take my chance with THAT over supermaxing Beal.

What do you think the best trade options are? I don’t want to trade him in the East.

My first choice would be to the Warriors bc they have a lot of young talent & we could swap some of ours while would take back Wiggins so the contracts match.

After that my second choice would be to the Blazers as we could take back McCullom for the salaries while getting Simons, Nasir Little & draft picks.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What do you think the best trade options are? I don’t want to trade him in the East.

My first choice would be to the Warriors bc they have a lot of young talent & we could swap some of ours while would take back Wiggins so the contracts match.

After that my second choice would be to the Blazers as we could take back McCullom for the salaries while getting Simons, Nasir Little & draft picks.

Not sure. I could care less if he's in the East personally. Beal doesn't have that vendetta characteristic... I would have been more concerned with Wall in the East... he's wired that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Not sure. I could care less if he's in the East personally. Beal doesn't have that vendetta characteristic... I would have been more concerned with Wall in the East... he's wired that way.

Well what I don’t want is to have Beal go to Boston for say Jaylen Brown so Beal & Tatum can play together or he’d go to Phila for Simmons and team up w/ Embid & Harris. Then, he’d be those teams’ #2 option. That’s what I don’t want. I don’t want Beal to be another team in the Eastern Conferences Robin to their Batman. 

Edited by turtle28

• 4 weeks later...

It’s time, it’s probably past time. After a 10-3 start the Wizards have gone 13-21. They need a fire sale. They need to blow this thing up. Trade Beal, Harrell, Dinwiddie & KCP. They need to tank for a top draft pick to rebuild w/ the other young guys they have.

On 1/23/2022 at 5:36 PM, turtle28 said:

It’s time, it’s probably past time. After a 10-3 start the Wizards have gone 13-21. They need a fire sale. They need to blow this thing up. Trade Beal, Harrell, Dinwiddie & KCP. They need to tank for a top draft pick to rebuild w/ the other young guys they have.

So much hope at the start of the season, but then they came crashing back to reality. Many of us were ready to name Tommy Sheppard GM of the year, and now I wonder if he can survive the season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think blowing a 30-point halftime lead is what they call rock bottom. Time to start beating the bushes for a Beal trade. 

I mean, how is that even possible? Just run the clock and go to the basket over and over and the game is essentially over. It wouldn’t even be possible to come back if you did that. I didn’t watch but my guess is Beal did his normal iso ball and turned it over repeatedly. For the love of god, do not give him a Supermax. Move him for as much as you can get. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, how is that even possible? Just run the clock and go to the basket over and over and the game is essentially over. It wouldn’t even be possible to come back if you did that. I didn’t watch but my guess is Beal did his normal iso ball and turned it over repeatedly. For the love of god, do not give him a Supermax. Move him for as much as you can get. 

i don’t know how much the loss was on Beal, he was efficient/solid but Beal had 5 turnovers, Kuzma 4 & Dinwiddie 3 so you’re top 3 guys who touch the ball combined for 12 turnovers. Kuzma had a 5second throw in violation in crunch time, Beal & Dinwiddie were  both called for offensive fouls. Dinwiddie got called for traveling? I didn’t realize they called that in the NBA.

They went cold in the 2nd half - only scoring 27 in the 3rd & 22 in the 4th. Dinwiddie & Kuzma combined to only shoot 2-12 from 3, Wes has got to have these two taking less 3s & take better shots.  They didn’t guard the 3 in the 2nd half which led to them giving up 80 pts & blowing the lead. They let Luke Kennard go wild in the 4th & some dude named Amir Coffey! 🤷‍♂️🤣

Edited by turtle28