72 72                                
66 65                                
48 48                                
57 57                                
43 43                                
34 34

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just saw Tim Legler give a hot take where he “absolutely loves” this deal for the Mavs. He considers Porzingis too unreliable and too frequently unavailable (fair), and he was very fixated on the impact Dinwiddie can have when Luka isn’t on the floor.

I find that silly. 

We’re talking about 13 minutes a game in the regular season. Luka played over 40 minutes a game last postseason, so when it really counts, we’re talking about maybe 8-10 minutes a game where Dinwiddie as the initiator of the bench mob is a thing. 

Why on earth that’s what you would focus on, rather how a guy actually fits when Luka is on the floor, is beyond me. Dinwiddie couldn’t play next to Beal because he needed the ball too much, and Luka stands in very rarified air when it comes to ball-dominance. It’s Luka, Harden, Trae Young, and…no one else comes close. If he couldn’t play with Beal because he didn’t get enough time and space with the ball in his hands, he’s not going to like what’s coming in Dallas. 

To me, the only team that got any upside out of this deal was Washington. If you can keep Porzingis healthy, he’s a mortal lock for 19 and 9 on a nightly basis, and if the shooting numbers this year were more in line with his career proficiency, he’d be putting up the best production we’ve seen from him. Admittedly, you probably can’t keep him healthy. But in terms of how you’re investing your $30M+, sign me up for the guy that could be an All-Star with good health, rather than blowing that on two guys who will be at their best trying to give some punch to the second unit. 

• Like 1

Update on the Westbrook trade:

Russell Westbrook

Chandler Hutchison

2024 2nd Round Pick

2028 2nd Round Pick

for

Kyle Kuzma

Kentavius Caldwell-Pope

Isaiah Todd

Vernon Carey, Jr.

Ish Smith

2022 2nd Round Pick

You also have to add in whatever portion of Kristaps Porzingis (plus another 2nd round pick) was acquired due to the value of Spencer Dinwiddie. I assume most of the return value in that package for the Mavs was Dinwiddie, perhaps all. Perhaps more than all, as one would have to assume Bertans has deeply negative value.

Giving away Harrell and Holiday for basically nothing hurts the return a great deal. But such is the price of doing business when #tankislife. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Vernon Carey Sr. went to Miami, so seems like a shrewd move. 

Getting rid of Bertans and Dinwiddie for maybe some upside of Porzingis makes a lot of sense. Just put him on ice this year and tank, see what happens next year

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Embrace the tank the 2nd half of the year! In June draft Jaden Ivey to be our PG of the future.

Ivey, Beal, Kuzma, Porzingis & Gafford as our starting 5 next year is solid I think.

Deni, Kispert, Rui, Bryant off the bench ain’t bad either.

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:
Porzingis
GP GS                                
72 72                                
66 65                                
48 48                                
57 57                                
43 43                                
34 34

giphy.gif

Better than DNP’s coaches decisions from Bertans. 

It still grinds my gears that the Wizards traded down in the draft and passed on drafting Cameron Thomas. Tonight Thomas has 18 points in 3 quarters for the Nets vs the Wiz. 

But, since we did that, I’ll add that I wish we hadn’t traded Holiday.I think we should’ve gotten a 1st rnd pick from a contender or a young PG prospect from Harrell. I hate that we traded for Ish Smith, why? I’d rather watch Holiday play/develop.

I guess it’s hard to hate the Vernon Carey acquisition at worse I think he develops into a good back up C in the league but he may be a good starter w/in a few years.

Edited by turtle28

The Nets need to be ashamed of themselves right now. 

Putting aside Kispert and his frigid shooting night, the rest of the Bullets are shooting 39/65 (60%) from the floor, including 30/43 (69.8%) from 2-point range. Maybe try challenging a few shots?

The full tank is off to an inauspicious start, unless Kyrie and Cam Thomas take over here late. 

• Like 1

Neto: 21 pts, 6 asts, 1 reb

Kuzma: 15 pts, 13 rebs, 10 asts

Gill: 15 pts, 2 rebs (why doesn’t he play more?) I’ve talked about it since we signed him. Solid defender, high energy guy, stretch 4. 

KCP: 13 pts, 5 rebs, 2 asts

Avdija: 13 pts, 4 rebs, 1 ast

Bryant: 13 pts, 6 rebs, 3 asts

Rui: 12 pts, 4 rebs, 4 asts

Kispert: 6 pts (2-13, 2-8 from 3, must be better for a good shooter) 6 rebs, 1 ast

Why is Kispert getting 29 minutes & Rui only 21? Those should’ve been reversed. Rui (5-8, 2-2 from 3) is a more efficient scorer that Kispert right now. It’s obvious Rui should’ve played 30 min & Kispert just 20.

Edited by turtle28

• 3 weeks later...

Not a bad start to Porzingis’s Wizards career. Just first 5 min in the Red, White & Blue & he head 10 points & made a 3!

Now KP has 17 pts in 14 minutes.

And again, why the hell are Kispert & Avdija getting minutes over Rui??

Wes Jr. needs to start/play Rui at SF so he can get starting minutes. He should have 20 min through 3 Q, not 9. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

In KP’s first game the Wizards get a 10 point win over the Pacers at home:

KP: 25 pts (3-4 from 3), 5 rebs in just 21 min

Kuzma: 23 pts (2-7 from 3 😩) 5 rebs, 8 asts

KCP: 19 pts (3-9 from 3), 2 rebs, 5 asts 

Kispert: 9 pts (3-9 from ) 22 min

Ish: 13 pts, 7 rebs, 9 asts

Sato: 10 pts, 1 reb, 5 asts

Deni: 10 pts (0-3 from 3), 7 rebs, 3 asts

Gafford: 10 pts, 3 rebs

Gill: 6 pts (2-2 from 3) in 10 min. I will never ever understand why he doesn’t get more minutes

Rui: 3 pts (1-4 from 3) he only got 15 min. I don’t understand why he doesn’t get minutes over Deni & Kispert, maybe it has to do w/ he’s not used to defending SFs on the perimeter but they really need to make him our staring SF who plays 25mpg there & PF when Kuzma needs his 5 min of rest a game.

• Like 1