Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I sure hope they trade him. If they keep him they've just done enough to win 30-35 games for the 6th year in a row.

It’s such an embarrassing take for bro to be defending that deal, let alone excited about it. 

For me, the takeaway is “who wants a Tyus Jones/Kyle Kuzma duo at the trade deadline?”

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Good god.  I’ve never seen a franchise overpay so many mediocre players. That Kuzma is abysmal.

I don't Kuz is abysmal but, he & Poole as our top tandem is not good enough for the Wizards to make the playoffs & they're just good enough to keep the Wizards from getting the top 5 pick they need to get a top talent in the building to continue to build around for the future. 

If the plan is to be a contender in 5 years then Kuz doesn't help you get there bc he’ll be in his mid-30s by the time the team is hopefully a contender.

My hope is Winger/Dawkins did this is in hopes of flipping Kuz at the trade deadline & I hope they do the same with Poole. Both guys should get back a good haul of picks and young players with potential on rookie contracts that we can continue to build with and some exploring contracts.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean……couldn’t they have kept Porzingas and tried to pull together a retool with Poole and Kuzma with him? This absolutely makes no sense at first glance. 

I'm hoping they did this with the hopes of trading Kuz & Poole at the trade deadline to a playoff team for a huge haul of picks & young players with potential that are on rookie contracts & some expiring contracts.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh I like the Kuz deal. I knew others would hate it but he’s a dog. He developed here and plays his butt off so I’m glad they gave him the money. Plus he’ll most likely be traded before the deadline lol

He’s probably the 4th best player on a contender.  You can’t pay $100 mil for that.

19 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don’t really understand signing Kuzma at all given what this team is trying to do. 

I don't either. The only thing I can think of is they're hoping to flip Poole & Kuz at the trade deadline if they're scoring around 25 ppg & they can get back some first round picks and/or young talent to develop & expiring contracts.