Potential trades in the top 10

onejayhawk

16 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m calling it now they’re going up to 2

Giants will make sure Browns don’t draft Allen at 1 because they’d draft Darnold if he’s there

when he’s not there’s they’ll trade down with Denver and guarantee themselves Barkley because Browns won’t draft him at four

so draft goes 

Darnold

Rosen to the Broncos

Mayfield

Chubb

Barkley to the Giants 

How the hell are the Giants going to make sure that the Browns dont draft Allen?

On 4/13/2018 at 11:20 PM, Iamcanadian said:

Sorry, but just wishful thinking on the part of a Giant's fan.

The only way Cleveland does not draft Darnold is if their owner steps in and insists their GM drafts Allen. He did it with Manziel, so it is not out of the question here, Haslam is after all, the worst owner maybe in pro sports!!!

If it is left to the GM to decide, Cleveland will draft Darnold.

Except for the fact that Dorsey is known to have an affinity for big, strong armed qbs, and everybody is saying Allen is who he covets, and if they draft Allen it will be bc thats the guy Dorsey wants.

And how the hell are the Giants going to trick the Browns into doing anything.  The Giants literally have no impact at all at what the Browns do #1.

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

How the hell are the Giants going to make sure that the Browns dont draft Allen?

wrong wording. 

The Giants will make sure that the Browns don't end up actually selecting Allen before they trade down. No forcing them just making sure it doesnt happen 

7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Except for the fact that Dorsey is known to have an affinity for big, strong armed qbs, and everybody is saying Allen is who he covets, and if they draft Allen it will be bc thats the guy Dorsey wants.

and also Dorsey has drafted Patrick Mahomes 

he was also a part of trading for 

Alex Smith which was his first major move. 

he's not a big strong armed guy 

He was also a part of drafting Aaron Rodgers who was for sure not known for his strong arm at the time. 

he drafted Kevin Hogan and Tyler Bray totally different late round guys. 

Dont let Mahomes go to your head he was absolutely much more productive than Allen was at any point. 

20 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

And how the hell are the Giants going to trick the Browns into doing anything.  The Giants literally have no impact at all at what the Browns do #1.

I fully agree, the Giants will have zero impact on who the Browns' pick unless they can trick their owner, who after all, has done it before to his GM with the Manziel pick!!!

After all, the owner forced Dorsey to keep Hue Jackson as his HC, so how much power does Dorsey actually have???

As for an affinity for big, strong armed QB's, guess what, it also perfectly describes Darnold ,who in my opinion, is the far superior prospect.

10 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I fully agree, the Giants will have zero impact on who the Browns' pick unless they can trick their owner, who after all, has done it before to his GM with the Manziel pick!!!

After all, the owner forced Dorsey to keep Hue Jackson as his HC, so how much power does Dorsey actually have???

As for an affinity for big, strong armed QB's, guess what, it also perfectly describes Darnold ,who in my opinion, is the far superior prospect.

I can assure you, John Dorsey doesn't take that job without getting full autonomy on football decisions.  I guarantee you, he decided to keep Hue, and he'll decide the draft pick.  What are the experts saying? They are saying if Dorsey makes this pick on his own, it will be Allen.  If its a consensus decision it will be Darnold.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, BleedTheClock said:

If the Browns have a chance to leave the draft with Darnold AND Saquon and pass, I'm going to be a little irritated. That's the best QB and the best overall playmaker in the draft. I'm gonna be salt if Saquon's there and they do something dumb like trade out of the top 10 or draft Chubb.

I've been hoping they do this for a while. If they don't I'll be a little disappointed.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Who would trade in front of Denver? Buffalo, maybe Arizona or Miami, depending on the player remaining. Anyone else?

J

I think that Buffalo is the only reasonable partner in all honesty. I'd put Arizona and Miami at almost no chance. 

Archived