Eastern Conference First Round Playoff Thread

kyle21121

What are you most looking forward to in Round one?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to in Round one?

• My own personal meltdown if Toronto loses to the Wizards
    • Rammy being Rammy after the Cavs beat Indy
    • Bkobow leading a Bucks fan explosion if The Bucks lose to the starless Celtics
    • Sixers/Heat series

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

He should.  There's no reason for him to stay in Cleveland, if he's truly interested in winning.  

9_9

maybe don't let mans handpick his coach and roster then. maybe don't drive out guys like kyrie irving. 

maybe the reason he should stay is to sleep in the bed he made. always gold hearing lebron just "deserves so much better". 

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

9_9

maybe don't let mans handpick his coach and roster then. maybe don't drive out guys like kyrie irving. 

maybe the reason he should stay is to sleep in the bed he made. always gold hearing lebron just "deserves so much better". 

Don't drive Kyrie Irving out?  Not sure what he could have done that did that.  LeBron seems like a great teammate, in terms of letting other guys contribute.  Irving had the ball so much and always got his stats.  Irving just kind of strikes me as the same type of person that Kobe is, in a sense.  It bugs him that people don't recognize him as the best player on his team and obviously he would never get that recognition playing with LeBron.

You make some fair points.  All I'm saying is the team sucks (Kyrie Irving leaving is a big part of that, to be fair, and I'm not sure LeBron actually did anything to drive him out).  I hope he leaves.

4 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

9_9

I mentioned this earlier in the season. Why is it always LeBron needs to go here or go there or Cleveland doesn't deserve him? Now he could go where ever the hell he wants, but he has a big part in assembling the roster they have right now. And regardless of if you think he did nothing wrong in Kyrie wanting out, the latter sure didn't want to play with him any longer. Kyrie had legit issues with how he was treated compared to LeBron and didn't want to be on a team that would continue to be held hostage by LeBron every offseason. 

LeBron certainly doesn't have a championship caliber roster right now and if all he cares about is rings, then go elsewhere. But they do have a lottery pick and depending on where the ping pong balls bounce, they may be able to flip that pick for a start that would make him want to stay. 

I think Lebron may have the most underrating supporting cast of all time. People (not necessarily here, have not been keeping up) make it sound like he is playing with actual G leaguers. It's a horrible supporting cast in the context of a finals team, but as a 50 win team that gets bounced in the 1st round? That's about what you'd expect, if not good. You could argue it's better than Westbrook's supporting cast last season when he lead the Thunder to a little under 50 wins and a first round exit. This will be the worst look for Lebron since the 2011 finals if he can't even get through the 1st round, no way around it.

That being said, Cavs are going to bounce back and win this series in 6 IMO.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

He should.  There's no reason for him to stay in Cleveland, if he's truly interested in winning.  

He is like 90% responsible for the way the Cavs roster is currently constructed and their player-coach dynamics. That doesn't mean he won't leave or shouldn't, but I think it's a Lebron problem not a Cleveland problem. Unless Bron leaves his ego at the door and lets a proven boss man (a la Pat Riley) run the show, rather than take the reins himself, this will probably repeat wherever he ends up. 

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He is like 90% responsible for the way the Cavs roster is currently constructed and their player-coach dynamics. That doesn't mean he won't leave or shouldn't, but I think it's a Lebron problem not a Cleveland problem. Unless Bron leaves his ego at the door and lets a proven boss man (a la Pat Riley) run the show, rather than take the reins himself, this will probably repeat wherever he ends up. 

It's a both problem. Gilbert bent over and let him run everything.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think Lebron may have the most underrating supporting cast of all time. People (not necessarily here, have not been keeping up) make it sound like he is playing with actual G leaguers. It's a horrible supporting cast in the context of a finals team, but as a 50 win team that gets bounced in the 1st round? That's about what you'd expect, if not good. You could argue it's better than Westbrook's supporting cast last season when he lead the Thunder to a little under 50 wins and a first round exit. This will be the worst look for Lebron since the 2011 finals if he can't even get through the 1st round, no way around it.

That being said, Cavs are going to bounce back and win this series in 6 IMO.

No way, nothing will top the 2011 finals. It's not just about losing, he flat out choked and shrunk on the biggest stage. Losing in the first round to the Pacers won't be a good look, but something that will be quickly forgotten. No one will remember him melting down against the Mavericks.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No way, nothing will top the 2011 finals. It's not just about losing, he flat out choked and shrunk on the biggest stage. Losing in the first round to the Pacers won't be a good look, but something that will be quickly forgotten. No one will remember him melting down against the Mavericks.

Key word: since.

Archived