Most nostalgic games

KManX89

Since we just had a thread for "overrated games", I thought I'd do one for most nostalgic games. By that, I mean games from the early 2000's and before, not including more recent games.

Resident Evil 2
Final Fantasy VII
Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Tomb Raider II
Dino Crisis
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
Street Fighter II
Soul Calibur II
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
GoldenEye 007

3 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Since we just had a thread for "overrated games", I thought I'd do one for most nostalgic games

What if I said I would argue they are one in the same MUAHAHA.

For me

Command and Conquerer (all of it)
Age of Empires 2
Red Alert
Starcraft
Shogun Total War
Jade Empire (This is 2005 or something, but it's pretty nostalgic for me)
Mystic Heroes
One of the Digimon Games
Twisted Metal 3/4
Smash 64
Halo
DOA3
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Ninja Guidan

The NES or Xbox version?

But yeah, glad to see NG getting some love. 

On the subject of NES games, I'd like to see Metal Gear 1 & 2 remade (there's $$$ to be made in seeing a rookie Snake fighting Big Boss in 3D), I'm not getting my hopes up, though. 

48 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

The NES or Xbox version?

But yeah, glad to see NG getting some love. 

On the subject of NES games, I'd like to see Metal Gear 1 & 2 remade (there's $$$ to be made in seeing a rookie Snake fighting Big Boss in 3D), I'm not getting my hopes up, though. 

NES. Only been a Nintendo and PlayStation person. The first one was a classic. There's a lot more games I could add as well like Ghouls and Goblins, another NES game I never/couldn't beat....... so frustrating

Sega - Jurassic Park and Sonic the Hedgehog, not sure which.

NES - Only Mario games.

SNES - Only Mario games.

N64 - Snowboard Kids 1 and 2, Mario Party, Mario 64, Goldeneye. 

Playstation - The Lost World

Xbox - Fusion Frenzy, Halo, Run Like Hell (soooooooo underrated). 

I missed the boat on any of the other gaming systems before the Xbox. 

40 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

NES. Only been a Nintendo and PlayStation person. The first one was a classic. There's a lot more games I could add as well like Ghouls and Goblins, another NES game I never/couldn't beat....... so frustrating

The Xbox version was later released on PS3 as Ninja Gaiden: Sigma, though. If you haven't gotten the chance to play it, I highly recommend you do, it 's very good. It was followed by an even better sequel and one of the first games I got for my 360, too bad NG3 sucked.

I'm a Nintendo and PlayStation player as well, but I did get a 360 before I got my PS3 simply because of PS3's steep $600 launch price tag, Ninja Gaiden II and DMC finally coming to Xbox (DMC4). Of course, all the epic first party exclusives (Uncharted, The Last of Us, Twisted Metal PS4, InFamous) eventually convinced me to turn to the Dark Side (no pun intended).

I can still jam Blue Bomber games for hours. MegaMan was the shiz. Especially 2-5.

Others i love and still break out on occasion...

Parasite Eve, FF7, Ultimate MK3, Killer Instinct, Pokemon Red/Blue, SuperMario 64, Toejam and Earl, Earthworm Jim, RE2, Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden, Crash Bandicoot, and Command and Conquer Red Alert: Retaliation

I love retro gaming. If i ever found a classic arcade id play the hell out House of the Dead 2, Time Crisis, Area 51, and San Fracisco Rush too.

11 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I can still jam Blue Bomber games for hours. MegaMan was the shiz. Especially 2-5.

Others i love and still break out on occasion...

Parasite Eve, FF7, Ultimate MK3, Killer Instinct, Pokemon Red/Blue, SuperMario 64, Toejam and Earl, Earthworm Jim, RE2, Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden, Crash Bandicoot, and Command and Conquer Red Alert: Retaliation

I love retro gaming. If i ever found a classic arcade id play the hell out House of the Dead 2, Time Crisis, Area 51, and San Fracisco Rush too.

You like quite a few of the same games I do. It's great to see like-minded gamers on here.

I also loved playing HotD and Time Crisis in the arcade, I got Time Crisis 2 with the light gun for my PS2.

Final Fantasy IV & VI (II & III in the US)

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy VII

Suikoden 2 (100+ characters!)

Ogre Battle (before there was FF Tactics)

Secret of Mana

Super Tecmo Bowl (Bo Jackson & Mike Singletary come on!)

Resident Evil 2 & 4

7 hours ago, KManX89 said:

You like quite a few of the same games I do. It's great to see like-minded gamers on here.

I also loved playing HotD and Time Crisis in the arcade, I got Time Crisis 2 with the light gun for my PS2.

God yes, I probably spent at least 100 in quarters on that. 

Archived