Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Good to see Kinkaid back there again. Dear god, he can't stop anything right now. It's like when Cory got hurt, he transferred that hot garbage play over to KK as we can only have one competent goalie at a time. 

Also, we are awful against good teams. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Good to see Kinkaid back there again. Dear god, he can't stop anything right now. It's like when Cory got hurt, he transferred that hot garbage play over to KK as we can only have one competent goalie at a time. 

Also, we are awful against good teams. 

Well, at least we know that, should the points be close for top lottery spot, we can always trot out Kinkaid to get us that clutch L. 

• Like 1

I think we should seriously be debating putting Severson on the wing during power plays. The construction of Zajac / Boyle / Zacha is just such a bad combination. I really have no idea how Hynes even thinks that it is a good one. I watched when Severson was on the PP from the defensive spot, and he pinches so much that he's basically playing the wing anyway. He's got a nice shot, he could easily be the single wing sit and shoot guy on a PP2 line while Palms filled that role on PP1. 

The current power plays have way, way too much overlap going on. Zajac / Boyle / Zacha (with Palms) is just a terrible combination, particularly for getting the puck to Palms, while Marjo / Bratt / Nico is a more skilled line, but too much overlap in the way that they play their game. I don't know how these are viewed to be strong combinations. 

• Like 1

That first goal by MarJo today against Anaheim was kind of saddening. Really pretty move to get the goal, and you kind of just wonder what could have been had he been healthy this entire time and found a good fit linemate wise. The dude clearly still has the same talent he had in Washington, it just didn't work here. 

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like it says a lot about our defense that Blake Coleman leads our team in hits. 

We have the softest blue line I've ever seen. Coleman, Boyle, Wood and Seney are the only dudes that are willing to throw their bodies around on the entire team.

Just now, beekay414 said:

We have the softest blue line I've ever seen. Coleman, Boyle, Wood and Seney are the only dudes that are willing to throw their bodies around on the entire team.

Which is hilarious about Seney given that he's smaller than Brian Boyle's torso.

• Like 1