Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

What do we have to finish, bottom three in order to have a shot at #1? 

No, you have a shot no matter where you finish. Spots 1-3 are decided by ping pong balls and the rest is just standings based. So you just have to hope you land the balls. HA.

Just now, beekay414 said:

No, you have a shot no matter where you finish. Spots 1-3 are decided by ping pong balls and the rest is just standings based. So you just have to hope you land the balls. HA.

ohhh, okay. But the teams with the worst record can't drop down more than a couple of spots, right? I think that if you finish with the worst record, I don't think that you can end up with the 7th pick or something, right? 

Also, duh. We weren't bottom three when we won the lotto for Nico. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

ohhh, okay. But the teams with the worst record can't drop down more than a couple of spots, right? I think that if you finish with the worst record, I don't think that you can end up with the 7th pick or something, right? 

Also, duh. We weren't bottom three when we won the lotto for Nico. 

No, if you're the worst team, the worst you can pick is 4th. 2nd worst is 5th, 3rd worst is 6th. Basically, you can only get bumped down 3 spots period and that's assuming 3 teams behind you jump you.

Just now, beekay414 said:

No, if you're the worst team, the worst you can pick is 4th. 2nd worst is 5th, 3rd worst is 6th. Basically, you can only get bumped down 3 spots period and that's assuming 3 teams behind you jump you.

For some reason, I felt like there was more protection than that for bad teams. But I do have to admit that I like that in protecting against a pure tank driven season. 

Palms - Zacha - Zajac - Boyle, about 1:20 of PP time wasted. No real offensive zone time, only good chance was basically an individual effort by Palms. Never really set up in the offensive zone. 

But hey Hynes, you keep rolling that line out there. 2-23 proves that it's clearly working....

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

Palms - Zacha - Zajac - Boyle, about 1:20 of PP time wasted. No real offensive zone time, only good chance was basically an individual effort by Palms. Never really set up in the offensive zone. 

But hey Hynes, you keep rolling that line out there. 2-23 proves that it's clearly working....

I'm still baffled by that extension. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm still baffled by that extension. 

He threw it out there again, and we did have some offensive zone time, but only one really good scoring opportunity on a nice pass from Palms, but they annoyed the hell out of me on the same power play because behind the play, a devils player and ducks player got tangled up and were out of the play all together. 4 on 3 in the offensive zone, and what do we do? We slow it down and hold until they are both back in the mix. That's super annoying. We should have been pushing the attack at that point. 4 on 3 is a lot of open ice, and that's always going to favor the team in the attacking zone. There's no reason to let that opportunity slip by.