Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

47 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why we gave Severson over $4 Million a year.

He was young with offensive talent. I'm actually not surprised. Had he been even competent on his own end, he'd be worth more than that. It just turned out he sucked. I think he would have some trade value this year if we wanted to move him given his offensive production so far. I have no doubts that some teams would look at his defensive struggles being exacerbated by the team. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nico is so good

Just dear god, get us a 2c to go with him. Nico is good enough that I really don't have any concerns about him. I want to get Bratt going and paired with a competent center. He's on a 45-48 point rate, but I think that he's better than that tbh. Nico / Hall / Palms is a quality top line. But on line 2, we are a mess. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Neither goal today was Blackwood's fault.

Definitely not his fault. I would like to see him get better on the breakaways though. He's been pretty thoroughly beaten on the three or four that I have seen him face. Very small sample size though, obviously. 

Just now, Forge said:

Definitely not his fault. I would like to see him get better on the breakaways though. He's been pretty thoroughly beaten on the three or four that I have seen him face. Very small sample size though, obviously. 

It's a learning curve. He played the JvR one right, JvR just went with a veteran finish there and snuck one by him. That last one I'm not going to blame him for. He was probably relaxed because the game was basically over. Then the unneeded line change crap happens and he's gotta tighten the ole poop shoot with a Flyer bearing down on him. Very easily could've been another shutout for him if our defense/team wasn't a cesspool.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's a learning curve. He played the JvR one right, JvR just went with a veteran finish there and snuck one by him. That last one I'm not going to blame him for. He was probably relaxed because the game was basically over. Then the unneeded line change crap happens and he's gotta tighten the ole poop shoot with a Flyer bearing down on him. Very easily could've been another shutout for him if our defense/team wasn't a cesspool.

I'm really shocked that we have not tried to fix this defense at all. We should have been in on someone like Brett Kulak when he got moved. He's young enough. Return cost was minimal. He's been fairly responsible in his own zone even if the offensive side of his game is limited and lacking. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm really shocked that we have not tried to fix this defense at all. We should have been in on someone like Brett Kulak when he got moved. He's young enough. Return cost was minimal. He's been fairly responsible in his own zone even if the offensive side of his game is limited and lacking. 

I honestly just do not know what our plan is on the defensive side. I don't think we have even one guy who is even reliable in his own zone right now. There's ZERO reason these guys shouldn't be rotating chairs. We should be in on EVERY single defensive defenseman that gets moved.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I honestly just do not know what our plan is on the defensive side. I don't think we have even one guy who is even reliable in his own zone right now. There's ZERO reason these guys shouldn't be rotating chairs. We should be in on EVERY single defensive defenseman that gets moved.

Want to be terrified? The best defenseman we have in his own zone is Ben Lovejoy I'm pretty sure. Santini probably will be soon. Mueller seems like he could be, but he's so inconsistent, hard to know.