Anybody for Cobb out Dez In?

Golfman

1 minute ago, Jaegybomb said:

If he wants to stick it to Dallas in a meaningful game down the road we have to be one of 4 or 5 places he's looking at right?

I suppose. I get the half way impression meaningful for us has a different meaning. I know you might laugh but he'd probably rather have twice the chances of going for 150 2 scores twice on a lesser team than being on a better one that might not play then at all. It feels very personal, he's said that, if not selfish. I think he gives a **** a lot less about his team beating their team and more about what he does himself against them. I don't get the impression the Packers being better than the two teams he could go to I'm the division is near as important to him as you might assume.

I just don't think he would come here, if we even want him, unless it's like nobody else even is interested more or less

16 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He's hit a woman... Was he just being passionate about football then?

Destroyed a rental place or something.

Arrested at a mall for something stupid once.

Barred from NCAA for whatever that prime **** was.

An NFL team made special rules for him off the field and supposedly hired staff to make sure they were followed.

His mother has openly stated he bad anger issues he needs help with.

That's just what I can recall right now.

Let's not pretend he's just mad on the sidelines, even though most all of that isn't that much of a flag in itself.

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He's hit a woman... Was he just being passionate about football then?

Destroyed a rental place or something.

Arrested at a mall for something stupid once.

Barred from NCAA for whatever that prime **** was.

An NFL team made special rules for him off the field and supposedly hired staff to make sure they were followed.

His mother has openly stated he bad anger issues he needs help with.

That's just what I can recall right now.

Let's not pretend he's just mad on the sidelines, even though most all of that isn't that much of a flag in itself.

Minor. Ain't that all self-entitled NFL players?!?!? 

Anyway, I don't want to date him, I want to know if he can get open and catch footballs. 

11 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Minor. Ain't that all self-entitled NFL players?!?!? 

Anyway, I don't want to date him, I want to know if he can get open and catch footballs. 

Oh cmon that dating like is such a cop out. Everyone is pretending he just gets worked up on the sidelines. Kid came from the absolute gutter and I commend him for getting where he is, but there are real issues there that have reared their heads on a somewhat minor scale and the cowboys obviously feared bad things that might threaten his ability to stay in the field because of things off.

I'm not scared by those anywhere near enough to stop me from being interested if I'm a GM. But if we're being intellectually honest with each other, all the people on the web saying he only gets mad on the sidelines are full of **** lol

8 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Does Tony Romo waxing poetic really offset the fact they just ate 8 mil in dead cap to be rid of him and the fact the veterans on the team were supposedly pushing for it?

Doesn't move the needle for me.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Does Tony Romo waxing poetic really offset the fact they just ate 8 mil in dead cap to be rid of him and the fact the veterans on the team were supposedly pushing for it?

Doesn't move the needle for me.

I think it was a natural end to a relationship. He wasn’t getting the ball, he was getting frustrated, probably splitting the locker room cos he is the veteran and Dak is the new boy. The management see Dak as the future.

I kind of compare it to the Jordy and Hundley thing. After almost half a season we could see Jordy was getting pissed that he wasn’t getting the ball and there was no chemistry with him and Hundley. Dez has had that for two seasons and probably feels his talent is being wasted.

2 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Retweeted by Dez.

Rumors are the Cowboys cut him to make room for an Earl Thomas trade. 

Then why didn't they just trade Bryant for Thomas? That is a fairly even trade or doesn't Seattle have the cap room?

26 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I think it was a natural end to a relationship. He wasn’t getting the ball, he was getting frustrated, probably splitting the locker room cos he is the veteran and Dak is the new boy. The management see Dak as the future.

I kind of compare it to the Jordy and Hundley thing. After almost half a season we could see Jordy was getting pissed that he wasn’t getting the ball and there was no chemistry with him and Hundley. Dez has had that for two seasons and probably feels his talent is being wasted.

Fair enough. To play devil's advocate, Rodgers can be fickle with his receivers at times too. There's no guarantee he's gonna get all the looks he wants here, especially early on. I would never let what happened with Bennett scare me off of anyone else but it's not impossible he could cause issues if he thinks he's gonna come in here getting this high number of targets and all the sudden he's third in targets on the team, which isn't that wild and there he is pissed again. Has to at least be considered.

28 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Then why didn't they just trade Bryant for Thomas? That is a fairly even trade or doesn't Seattle have the cap room?

Because Seattle wants Cobb and they knew you'd make sure we'd cut him to sign Dez ;) haha just razzing you

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Fair enough. To play devil's advocate, Rodgers can be fickle with his receivers at times too. There's no guarantee he's gonna get all the looks he wants here, especially early on. I would never let what happened with Bennett scare me off of anyone else but it's not impossible he could cause issues if he thinks he's gonna come in here getting this high number of targets and all the sudden he's third in targets on the team, which isn't that wild and there he is pissed again. Has to at least be considered.

I’d agree with that possibility. Anyway it might be all mute again, for what it is worth, Dez started following loads of Texan players on Insta. He only lives a couple of hours out of Houston.

The dream dies. The debate ends

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Dez ain't a ****. He just emotional and passionate and a wide receiver. I wouldn't read too much into it as a reason not to sign him. He never threw his toys out of the pram when he wasn't getting the ball in Dallas 

Do a google search for "Dez Bryant sideline tantrum." You'll find plenty of stuff, including this one as recently as December 2017: 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/12/24/joe-buck-storm-brewing-cowboys-sideline-thanks-costly-dez-bryant-mistakes-vs-seahawks

Archived