Anybody for Cobb out Dez In?

Golfman

21 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I actually think he does a good job covering the Packers news, but man he needs to leave his opinions out of his writing. Everything is based around what he thinks the Packers should do and not objective.  Isn't that like journalism 101 to not do that?

Remember when Brian Cushing first tested positive for PEDs?  Zach was the kid writing on a different chat board (I believe) who took that positive test and wrote an article (again, I believe) stating that since Clay went to school with Cushing, Clay too was on the juice.   No evidence, no anything, just ran with that story.  That was a lot of years ago, perhaps I'm mistaken on who the writer was...but I don't think so.

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get real tired of that writer.  Zach Kruse.  I think the article prior to that one is how great of a fit Dez would be...  

That article isn't anything bad though. Clickbait title maybe, but it's short and it says pretty quickly he was smiling as he said it so maybe it was a little tongue in cheek.

22 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I actually think he does a good job covering the Packers news, but man he needs to leave his opinions out of his writing. Everything is based around what he thinks the Packers should do and not objective.  Isn't that like journalism 101 to not do that?

I think that time of sports journalism is long dead honestly.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

That article isn't anything bad though. Clickbait title maybe, but it's short and it says pretty quickly he was smiling as he said it so maybe it was a little tongue in cheek.

Yah, you said it right...clickbait title.

I just remember that article from the past, and I swear it was him.  He jumps to conclusions quicker than anyone who was cast in the movie "Office Space".

23 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I think that time of sports journalism is long dead honestly.

Idk. The good ones don't really do it. It's mostly the local guys who feel the need to do it. Wood, Nagler, McGinn, daugherty are horrible about projectioning their opinions into the articles.

Demo, SIlverstein, and Wilde are pretty good at being objective in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Idk. The good ones don't really do it. It's mostly the local guys who feel the need to do it. Wood, Nagler, McGinn, daugherty are horrible about projectioning their opinions into the articles.

Still batting about .500 that they do it. I shouldn't have phrased it as completely dead. But it's hard to avoid it feels like. I don't even read the Packers articles anymore tbh. I got you guys haha

2 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

It's projectionatering.

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Fixed.

Nah actual journalists still do good work. WSJ, WaPo, NYT. These sports clowns I feel bad for though. They went to journalism school thinking they were gonna be on some Bernstein and Woodward stuff. But now are just stabbing wildly in the dark covering something we don't even need them to do. 

2 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

I don't see a problem with this. There's reporting and there's editorializing. I just think the ratio has changed, with much more editorializing nowadays, because that's what people want to read most. Maybe it's because there's so much competition nowadays that readers want to get their facts and their opinions in the same article. This message board, for example, is tilted heavily in the direction of opinion, as all message boards are. And there's nothing wrong with that. 

19 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I don't see a problem with this. There's reporting and there's editorializing. I just think the ratio has changed, with much more editorializing nowadays, because that's what people want to read most. Maybe it's because there's so much competition nowadays that readers want to get their facts and their opinions in the same article. This message board, for example, is tilted heavily in the direction of opinion, as all message boards are. And there's nothing wrong with that. 

I actually agree with you more than I thought I did before I read this. But I'm not sure discussion boards are much of a comp. Sure I get my news here but I think virtually everyone who posts is here for some back and forth on their opinions. I don't know that I (me personally) seek that from the beat reporters. But you're right, it's obviously what people want. I can complain about click bait titles all I want but if they didn't work, they wouldn't do it. It's easy to blame those putting everything out that we might not love but The consumer is what drives that, for the most part.

5 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

This seems like the unlikeliest thread to go 12 pages.

I don't think either side picks up the phone on this one.

I couldn’t see Dez coming here even if the “not a catch” play didn’t happen.  But since it did, there’s no way he’s going to want to continue to talk about it. And the reporters would bring it up constantly in the beginning.  They’d preface it around the rule change but it’d be to spark a reaction.  

The first time he drops a pass in a game it would come up.  The first time he makes a huge play, it would still come up.  

Theres no way in hell he’d want to deal with that all year long. 

Plus, he wore a Celtics hat the other day on NFL Network.  Now maybe he’s somehow a lifelong Boston fan, but it seemed a little trolling considering the Celtics are playing the Bucks.  32 teams and all.  But hey I’m just a Packers and Bucks fan who hates the Cowboys and Celtics.  ??‍♂️

Archived