Anybody for Cobb out Dez In?

Golfman

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

The fact is that we don't have Jordy on the roster. Having someone of that capability but younger and a little different that we don't have to trade for is very tempting. What is not to like? 

He has comparable physical ability without the polish and savvy Nelson had. He's too crappy a route runner to fill that role and doesn't have the elite tools to be a game breaker anymore either. Even if money isn't #1 it's still going to matter and I wouldn't cut Cobb for him because Cobb is better at the mental game. Sign him for a contract like House or Wilkerson? Sure, but he's at best my #3 and if I draft someone top 3 rounds he could be #4 by the end of the season easily. Do you think that ends quietly?

I can't honestly say whether or not Dez is better then Jordy or not at this stage in their careers.  What I do know is that I am not excited about the WR group, so I would give him a look and see what he could do for the Packers.  I guess we should ask ourselves this, could Rodgers make Dez a better WR then Dak could?  If so, then let's roll the dice and the right price.

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

I can't honestly say whether or not Dez is better then Jordy or not at this stage in their careers.  What I do know is that I am not excited about the WR group, so I would give him a look and see what he could do for the Packers.  I guess we should ask ourselves this, could Rodgers make Dez a better WR then Dak could?  If so, then let's roll the dice and the right price.

Exactly

3 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

When reports have come out that the GB locker room sucked last year and has few leaders. Why would you want Dez?

Dez ain't a ****. He just emotional and passionate and a wide receiver. I wouldn't read too much into it as a reason not to sign him. He never threw his toys out of the pram when he wasn't getting the ball in Dallas 

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Dez ain't a ****. He just emotional and passionate and a wide receiver. I wouldn't read too much into it as a reason not to sign him. He never threw his toys out of the pram when he wasn't getting the ball in Dallas 

Everyone in the Cowboys organization seems to disagree with your assessment. 

39 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Ignorance is bliss...:)

I've seen enough of Dez since even college to have enough feel for what he does. I'm 100% sure he can and has gotten open on every route enough to find which clips to make a video. Everywhere you go you hear the same thing about him. It's not like we all made it up, even if it's a tad overstated.

39 minutes ago, jleisher said:

I mean, the answer to that is yes 1 million times out of 1 million... I'm not sure that's the question that opens the gate.

36 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

When reports have come out that the GB locker room sucked last year and has few leaders. Why would you want Dez?

I posted this elsewhere, but I'd want to take the temperature of the locker room on this too. Aaron, the main vets. If they aren't fine, I'd consider it. If they feel positive, I'd feel better. 

For me it comes down to the locker room. Some people seem to think he would be a problem. Some people don't. If it weren't for his personality, I would be more inclined to support signing him. As it is, I see signing Dez as a calculated risk. How much do you want to gamble that someone better will come available after the draft?

32 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

He's hit a woman... Was he just being passionate about football then?

Destroyed a rental place or something.

Arrested at a mall for something stupid once.

Barred from NCAA for whatever that prime **** was.

An NFL team made special rules for him off the field and supposedly hired staff to make sure they were followed.

His mother has openly stated he bad anger issues he needs help with.

That's just what I can recall right now.

Let's not pretend he's just mad on the sidelines, even though most all of that isn't that much of a flag in itself.

Archived