Around the NFL

Forge

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Given how low we'll be picking I think that would be a good deal for us

I agree. For an established, young superstar pass rusher when we will likely be picking in the back half of the draft, absolutely. 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

A first, second, and AA? Would that be enough? You gotta think that would instantly make us Superbowl contenders 

Without hesitation. I would maybe ask for a 6th and 7th back just get some picks to stay active with. Can't imagine Mack ever see's another uni. 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

About as much of a shame as Kershaw missing most of the regular season.. 

Doubt it comes to that. They have the money to pay him, so obviously it's just about price tag. Donald wouldn't risk losing the year of service time. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It may take 2019 1st, 2nd and 2020 1st. Or at least 2020 2nd. 

And I'd still do it with no hesitation. 

Agreed. I think two firsts is the starting point, with likely another high pick in there. AA has no trade value, so he doesn't move the needle at all. I think you're making that deal through picks

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed. I think two firsts is the starting point, with likely another high pick in there. AA has no trade value, so he doesn't move the needle at all. I think you're making that deal through picks

Yep, this guy plays arguably the second most important position and is as elite as they come. You dream about drafting guys like this, so yeah you could have 2 1sts and a 2nd for him. Want to throw in another mid round pick? Be my guest. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Doubt it comes to that. They have the money to pay him, so obviously it's just about price tag. Donald wouldn't risk losing the year of service time. 

Doesn't he only have to play 6 games to secure a year of service time for the upcoming season?

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, this guy plays arguably the second most important position and is as elite as they come. You dream about drafting guys like this, so yeah you could have 2 1sts and a 2nd for him. Want to throw in another mid round pick? Be my guest. 

Fair to say I would Ricky Williams our draft for him?

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Doesn't he only have to play 6 games to secure a year of service time for the upcoming season?

Yep, but if you do that, you run the risk of the team deactivating you for a game at the end, which would cost you the season of accrual. Browns did it to Gordon one year

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jason Verrett out for the year. Torn Achilles. 

Loved him coming out of college. Was very good when he was in the field, can't ever get on and stay on the field

L-O-L at the I get why Brown is the starter. I mean was this even in question? Elite pass protectors will always start, especially when you are protecting someone like Brady. Sure he is flawed in the run game, but not many better at pass protection than him. 

Archived