Around the NFL

Forge

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Shaq Lawson for Josh Garnett? 

Would actually make a ton of sense for both teams if the Bills are really trying to shop him. Bills fans appear to be pretty bullish on him this year though from what I can tell. 

30 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

meh.. I'd rather see what a finally healthy Garnett has to offer inside.

Plus, HELLO... we have :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3TI-QxLCbxUJ4XykPR2i

I still think it's a tossup whether or not Garnett is here come the start of the season. He offers no versatility, which means that Person and Mags have a step up on him. He's not an ideal match for the blocking scheme, despite the "reshaping" of his body, so I'm open to whatever we can possibly get for him. Maybe he'll surprise me come preseason though. I'm going to hope...because no way in hell am I trusting Cooper for a full season. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still think it's a tossup whether or not Garnett is here come the start of the season. He offers no versatility, which means that Person and Mags have a step up on him. He's not an ideal match for the blocking scheme, despite the "reshaping" of his body, so I'm open to whatever we can possibly get for him. Maybe he'll surprise me come preseason though. I'm going to hope...because no way in hell am I trusting Cooper for a full season. 

Yeah fair enough. I'm not pounding the table for any of them, really. I'd love to see Garnett put it all together though. I read some brief positive fluff on him from recent practices.. though that was also met with conflicting reports, so who knows what was legit. 

It's definitely a good chunk of half-blind-faith from me, but I also feel the pass rush will not be the weakness that so many feel is coming. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't think he gets cut. I think you can find a trade partner for him. But I think at best he's fifty fifty to be one roster at the start,  and that's generous maybe. The lions found a trade partner for Tomlinson, the browns found one for Erving, and he was terribad.

FWIW, both Biderman and Barrows have indicated he seems like a good possibility to be cut.

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah fair enough. I'm not pounding the table for any of them, really. I'd love to see Garnett put it all together though. I read some brief positive fluff on him from recent practices.. though that was also met with conflicting reports, so who knows what was legit. 

It's definitely a good chunk of half-blind-faith from me, but I also feel the pass rush will not be the weakness that so many feel is coming. 

For sure. Lawson would just be a change of scenery guy, and I could see it logically from our shotgun approach to the pass rush. But I'd also be happy with a sixth next year to help make up for our lack of a fifth rounder

Adonis Alexander worked out for more than two dozen teams today on the Virginia Tech campus in preparation for the July 11 Supplemental Draft. Here are the results.

Alexander, who some scouts graded as the third-best senior prospect in the nation and others penned as the No. 2 upperclassman cornerback, measured 6-foot-2 and 195 pounds.

He timed 4.61 in the 40, 7.18 in the three-cone and 4.37 in the short shuttle. His vertical touched 35.5 inches while his broad reached 10-foot-4.

Alexander, who we project as a third-round pick in the supplemental draft, looked good in ball drills. His length, balls skills and arm size (over 32 inches) will be very attractive to NFL teams.

Over the past two days, Alexander met with the New York Jets, New Orleans Saints,Kansas City Chiefs and Indianapolis Colts.

We did attend his workout, but doesn't look like we met with him.

38 minutes ago, John232 said:

I may actually meet Cassius Marsh in person. BIL is really good friends with him and next time I do a BBQ he might bring him along. 

Tell him to use the swim move more. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

I may actually meet Cassius Marsh in person. BIL is really good friends with him and next time I do a BBQ he might bring him along. 

Tell him I know where Forge lives, if Marsh wants to personally.. thank him.. for the critique. :P 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Tell him to use the swim move more. 

Or that his job is to make QBs step up in the pocket straight into Buckner and Thomas 

Get him to make a video where he looks into the camera and says 'straight casssius homie'

Also ask him if he will get a tattoo of Shanahan's face on his butt if we win the bowl

Archived