Around the NFL

Forge

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Rumor is NE and Clev are working on a deal for Gordon

Makes sense. NE could really use the receiver, and they like to make about 2 trades with one another every year. I think they have seriously completed at least one trade every year for the last 4 years....

Just now, Forge said:

Makes sense. NE could really use the receiver, and they like to make about 2 trades with one another every year. I think they have seriously completed at least one trade every year for the last 4 years....

Maybe its me but does anyone see another Ochocinco situation here? The route says run 5 but he runs 5.5, timing is off, Brady is pissed? no?

OF course NE is working out a deal for Gordon lol.

Another team it makes a lot of sense for. They need a deep threat after losing Cooks. They just don't have the weapons right now to beat good defenses. Brady is the GOAT, but only so much he can do. They got wrecked for the most part yesterday.

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Maybe its me but does anyone see another Ochocinco situation here? The route says run 5 but he runs 5.5, timing is off, Brady is pissed? no?

I'm not going to say its Ocho - that was slightly different and I think Ocho was largely done. 

But I don't think it'll be the "next great Patriot" move that everyone will make it be when it's announced. I think it's not a perfect fit for the offense, and similar to Cooks last year, I dont know that they get the most out of him. It'll be a solid move, but I'm not jumping over people to grab him in fantasy or anything. 

Typical NE. They are always in the hunt and are exactly the kind of team that can use "one year rentals" to make that little bit of difference to help them go all the way. They also have the kind of staff and clubhouse where he's either going to fit in, or be gone.

Archived