Around the NFL

Forge

4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

That will always be the case, because the information presented to us as fans is incomplete - we don't have in-depth medical reviews, interview answers to interpret desire, or real tangible evidence of pure football knowledge to help identify quality players in mid-to-late rounds, and the online prospect listings aren't great at accurately projecting even late 2nd round picks, let alone 3rd and beyond.

So hitting like that on two picks - superb job.

True, even Hargrave is solid so that's three good contributors. Others are either terrible or out of the league. I did go with a lot of high potential high bust type of guys so I guess that's not that surprising. It was my first mock draft though, so I can't say I really knew what I was doing lol.

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

If our last draft is any indication we might find an actual #1 receiver with a low end 3rd rounder. 

We need to look to poach players from teams that have HC/GM changes, those are the guys we'll be able to get at a bargain. Lions maybe try to offload Golden Tate. Raiders maybe to dump Crabtree. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

not a fan of good upgrading at the receiver position huh? 

I think it may have been in reference to the specific example you used in Crabtree, not necessarily the idea of upgrading the receiver position itself. 

It is amazing how bad the two coordinator hires are for Seattle in my opinion. Like awful. Solari is their O-line coach, and that's a pretty decent hire, especially over Cable...but damn, Schottenheimer and Norton at OC/DC? I mean, Schottenheimer may actually be a downgrade from Bevell....

17 hours ago, N4L said:

Someone mentioned this earlier but I think a straight up trade of armstead for lequon Treadwell would be a solid trade for both teams. Treadwell is clearly #4 on the depth chart and armstead doesn't have a position here because we have Buckner. Treadwell could develop into a #1 wr but he's stuck behind diggs and theilen I think he could use a change of scenery to a place with an elite QB. Vikes don't really need more dl help but armstead has talent and I still think he will be a nice player.  He's still super young and I think hed be a really good fit up there. Being with Zimmer and some of the vets they have there would be great for him. 

Probably more upside in Treadwell than any 3rs or 4th rounder or whatever would provide

Not a bad idea.  

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He will be a downgrade over Bevell, who wasn't great, but not terrible either.

Don't understand the Norton hire to be honest, unless the players just didn't like Richards all that much. Still, that's a pretty underwhelming coaching staff. 

Firing Kris Ricard was weird.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, I'd be all for upgrading the receiver position. A 30 year old Crabtree coming off a disappointing season isn't in the cards for me. 

I get that, but I think he'd be a great redzone target if nothing else. An upgrade over Bourne/Robinson

7 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I get that, but I think he'd be a great redzone target if nothing else. An upgrade over Bourne/Robinson

Bourne is a rookie that showed some flashes. I think I'd take chances with him. Crabtree as a red zone target was terrible here. Couldn't catch a fade, couldn't gain separation, wasn't a strong ball contesting guy like Boldin, and had zero hops. Now he is 30. His best attributes were his hands and ability to get YAC.

Also wasn't a fan of him making subtle snarky comments about his teammates or coaches when things weren't going his way. Just my perspective on it. Think the team is better off without him.

Archived