Around the NFL

Forge

5 hours ago, Psychlone said:

Who is THIS Vance McDonald guy?

It's the guy that dropped two passes in the last few minutes with the game on the line and then failed to step out of bounds with less than a minute left when he caught one right near the sideline.  You remember him!

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Can we go back in time and draft Michael Thomas? 

One of the bigger surprises of that draft.  He just didn't have a chance to show off how good he really was in that OSU offense. Obviously he looked good, but not like he's be one of the best in the league.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel bad for the kid. I mean, yeah, even as a rookie, you have to know better, but it's basically a rookie mistake, and he has to deal with that now. From what I understand, he was pretty solid this season and had a nice start to his career...I hope it doesn't break him. 

I think he will be fine, just unfortunate way to end the season. Sad tackle attempt regardless. 

I was about to post, what if I say the Saints are the best team in the NFC lol. 

Someone mentioned this earlier but I think a straight up trade of armstead for lequon Treadwell would be a solid trade for both teams. Treadwell is clearly #4 on the depth chart and armstead doesn't have a position here because we have Buckner. Treadwell could develop into a #1 wr but he's stuck behind diggs and theilen I think he could use a change of scenery to a place with an elite QB. Vikes don't really need more dl help but armstead has talent and I still think he will be a nice player.  He's still super young and I think hed be a really good fit up there. Being with Zimmer and some of the vets they have there would be great for him. 

Probably more upside in Treadwell than any 3rs or 4th rounder or whatever would provide

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Someone mentioned this earlier but I think a straight up trade of armstead for lequon Treadwell would be a solid trade for both teams. Treadwell is clearly #4 on the depth chart and armstead doesn't have a position here because we have Buckner. Treadwell could develop into a #1 wr but he's stuck behind diggs and theilen I think he could use a change of scenery to a place with an elite QB. Vikes don't really need more dl help but armstead has talent and I still think he will be a nice player.  He's still super young and I think hed be a really good fit up there. Being with Zimmer and some of the vets they have there would be great for him. 

Probably more upside in Treadwell than any 3rs or 4th rounder or whatever would provide

You got problems if Treadwell is your number one receiver.

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

You got problems if Treadwell is your number one receiver.

But he wouldn't be. We have Garçon, Goodwin, Taylor, maybe Bourne in the mix. Treadwell wouldn't be our #1, he would only have a new start, with a chance to show something.

Personally, I didn't actually like him all that much his draft year, I didn't think he was a first round WR, and I'm not really curious enough about him to kick the tires. So, whatevs...

4 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

But he wouldn't be. We have Garçon, Goodwin, Taylor, maybe Bourne in the mix. Treadwell wouldn't be our #1, he would only have a new start, with a chance to show something.

Personally, I didn't actually like him all that much his draft year, I didn't think he was a first round WR, and I'm not really curious enough about him to kick the tires. So, whatevs...

N4L, the person I quoted, said he could develop into a number one receiver. I don't see it, and I don't think anyone should get their hopes up on the possibility. He's shown nothing in two years. Not even a flash. That's why he's buried on the depth chart. Even when Diggs and Floyd missed time with injuries he didn't really do anything. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Treadwell is all we could get for Armstead, that would be pretty bad. 

I'd rather get a low end 3rd rounder or a 4th over Treadwell. 

If our last draft is any indication we might find an actual #1 receiver with a low end 3rd rounder. 

We need to look to poach players from teams that have HC/GM changes, those are the guys we'll be able to get at a bargain. Lions maybe try to offload Golden Tate. Raiders maybe to dump Crabtree. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

lol.  Actually wasn't a bad draft. Buckner + Thomas makes it a winner right off the bat. 

Yeah, drafting those two potential elite talents makes it a nice draft. I haven't really followed how some of the other players I drafted are looking, but know more than a few are out of the league....So that's not ideal lol. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, drafting those two potential elite talents makes it a nice draft. I haven't really followed how some of the other players I drafted are looking, but know more than a few are out of the league....So that's not ideal lol. 

That will always be the case, because the information presented to us as fans is incomplete - we don't have in-depth medical reviews, interview answers to interpret desire, or real tangible evidence of pure football knowledge to help identify quality players in mid-to-late rounds, and the online prospect listings aren't great at accurately projecting even late 2nd round picks, let alone 3rd and beyond.

So hitting like that on two picks - superb job.

Archived