Around the NFL

Forge

23 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I mean what have the Pats really done to us other then breaking the hearts of seahawks fans at superbowl XLIX. 

Deflategate, recording signs and the whole argument about Brady being the "GOAT". I bet Montana could have done what he did and more if the rules were this hard on the D and soft on the O as they are now! Football is significantly different than it was with Joe and Steve and Tom is benefiting tremendously from that. Still think Joe (or Jerry) is the GOAT.

21 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Deflategate, recording signs and the whole argument about Brady being the "GOAT". I bet Montana could have done what he did and more if the rules were this hard on the D and soft on the O as they are now! Football is significantly different than it was with Joe and Steve and Tom is benefiting tremendously from that. Still think Joe (or Jerry) is the GOAT.

Deflategate was the biggest joke, there are countless scandals and stories of cheating by other teams/sports that deserve much more heat than that (USADA/IOC Doping, gymnastics abuse, gambling influence, NCAA amatuerism etc). 

For me its impossible to compare eras, Montana is the greatest in his era Brady is the greatest in his. Jerry is the best receiver ever and probably always will be. Like you said football was different than it is now, and 20 years from now it'll be even more different but there's no denying the greatness from that organization and there's very little overlap between the Pats and Niners in the last 20 years

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The flipside of that argument - and it's a huge one, is that Montana played before the cap era and with an owner that was willing outspend other teams for guys.  The team he was surrounded with often contained lots of pro bowlers. The defense was often as good as the offense was with Montana running it.  Look at the guys that Brady has had around him for a lot of his career, expecially these past few years.  If you're ranking "overall talent" outside of the QB position, I imagine NE might not make the upper half of the list.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Then why call anyone GOAT?! That is a comparison/contrast in itself.

Because society loves labeling things in a simplified manner. Especially people in regards to who they are, and what they can or can't do.

Calling someone a GOAT is fine and all, as long as one knows it's an exercise in futility. 

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Bills will probably look to replace him in the draft. I wonder how high they go though. The 49ers need interior line help, so with this development the Bills are another team that could look to ****** a guy early. 

EDIT: Wow, didn't know a certain word that rhymes with "hatch" would be banned here. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Bills will probably look to replace him in the draft. I wonder how high they go though. The 49ers need interior line help, so with this development the Bills are another team that could look to ****** a guy early. 

EDIT: Wow, didn't know a certain word that rhymes with "hatch" would be banned here. 

Look to thatch a guy early? Watch? Catch? Latch? Batch? 

2 hours ago, burlow said:

When I go truffle hunting with a sow and she starts to go crazy I hurry up and ****** the truffle before the sow eats eat.  <- testing...

But what about the Lions old OC, will Cooter be picked up anywhere?

I thought testing was against the rules!! 

*****. ****.****.***.****. **** Lebeau.

Just kidding, guys. I wasn't even testing, I just wrote *s.

On 1/26/2018 at 5:12 PM, PapaShogun said:

From what little I have read from Bills fans, they may have a replacement already. The guy missed most of last season.

Archived