Around the NFL

Forge

Just now, John232 said:

Yup...he was traded...Redskins didn't bother telling Fuller.

Absolutely amazing. 

I didn't watch his interview, but someone in news forum said Fuller actually called the team to ask and they still said no lol. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but sounds like a Bruce Allen move

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Kind of a shame though, I liked Alex in Kansas City. Easy to root for the red team in the AFC. Now it will be conflicting come playoff time. 

What say you @oldman9er? Will you keep following the cheifs? Or are you a Redskins camp follower? Lol

I don't plan on keeping the Sunday Ticket, as I am moving in a few months. I plan to get that NFL Game Pass, and simply watch the games on Monday. 

SF games. KC games. and yeah, probably Washington games will be primary 3 teams I catch up on throughout the weekday. :)

7 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

This is why i rather jags get cousins means broncos wont go nelson instead go qb

If I were Jax, I might be inclined to stick it out with Bortles for another season. Draft a day 2 option. Bortles showed some good stuff down the stretch. No guarantee, but there really are no guarantees anyway. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

If I were Jax, I might be inclined to stick it out with Bortles for another season. Draft a day 2 option. Bortles showed some good stuff down the stretch. No guarantee, but there really are no guarantees anyway. 

From what I have heard, the Jags are all in on Bortles. 

I hope Cousins ends up in Ariz so Mayfield can be drafted by the Broncos...

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

I don't plan on keeping the Sunday Ticket, as I am moving in a few months. I plan to get that NFL Game Pass, and simply watch the games on Monday. 

SF games. KC games. and yeah, probably Washington games will be primary 3 teams I catch up on throughout the weekday. :)

Moving to Canada?! To hang out with me!! Welcome, new neighbour, eh!

14 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Jimmy's getting 30 mil per...Good for Alex though, Washington is a good spot with Jay Gruden for him. Vernon Davis reunion will be fun when/if they have big games together. 

I don't think he gets 30m per just yet, although I could easily see the first year cap hit be over 30m. There's no real argument for a guy who has 7 career starts to be the highest paid player in the league. Alex, like it or not, is a multi year or not with 3 probowls under his belt. Jimmy is a two-time Clutch Performer of the week.. not exactly the same resume. I could see Jimmy getting more per year, but with less guarantees. But not 30m, when the highest paid players are at 25m. Getting even 25m would be seen as a big gamble, but I believe it could happen. And I could definitely imagine the first year to be around 35-40m, with the cap room that we have, just to lower the cap hit for the rest of the deal. 

I'm not even sure Aaron Rodgers gets 30 on his next deal, let alone Jimmy Garoppolo with 7 starts.

11 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I don't think he gets 30m per just yet, although I could easily see the first year cap hit be over 30m. There's no real argument for a guy who has 7 career starts to be the highest paid player in the league. Alex, like it or not, is a multi year or not with 3 probowls under his belt. Jimmy is a two-time Clutch Performer of the week.. not exactly the same resume. I could see Jimmy getting more per year, but with less guarantees. But not 30m, when the highest paid players are at 25m. Getting even 25m would be seen as a big gamble, but I believe it could happen. And I could definitely imagine the first year to be around 35-40m, with the cap room that we have, just to lower the cap hit for the rest of the deal. 

I'm not even sure Aaron Rodgers gets 30 on his next deal, let alone Jimmy Garoppolo with 7 starts.

Well its going to be a record breaking offseason for QB contracts that I think is safe to assume. But you're right he doesnt have the merits of Alex and quite frankly neither does Cousins but he's going to surpass Alex's #'s. The age factor gives Jimmy a bump. If Jimmy were a true free agent (no franchise tag option) i firmly believe a team like the browns, jags, bills would pay about 30m annually. 

The other thing is our cap situation clearly benefits the niners to front load any deal. So even if you dont think he's getting 30 per, i'd say its pretty likely he gets really close to that mark these first couple years of the deal, to maybe a point where it averages out at a little more than Carr's deal (25m/per). 

Archived