Around the NFL

Forge

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Smith goes to a talented team in Washington that had some TOUGH luck with injuries this season. Going to be a good squad. Happy for Smith, didn't want to see him end up in Cleveland. And I think it was time to move on from the Smith experiment in KC. Can't keep losing in the playoffs with the more talented team. Mahomes is going to have some rough moments, but clearly he has a lot of ability and you kind of had to go to him at this point. 

I’m glad he didn’t go to the Browns. I wish all the success in the world to Alex, he is a class act and a very under appreciated player in this league. Good luck Alex, go out there and whoop up on the Cowboys twice a year! 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well of course. We are signing Cousins, trading Jimmy G for a boatload. 

No way. Iron sharpens iron. Let's have a healthy QB competition. And let's draft a rookie QB to compete with CJ! And let's get a crappy CB to compete with Dontae for the crappy CB position. Maybe another old past-his-prime pass rusher to really push Elvis. And where's Chilo Rachal?

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Ouch.. slap in the face for Cousins. But I guess Alex will be taking less money than Kirk wanted. 

So, the Redskins draft a QB in 2019 and Alex doesn't finish this contract, right?

Oh, I can already imagine the quick slants and seam throws to VD. 

I thought that Alex could have went to Arizona and succeeded, but this is a bit shocking. Granted he did get traded, I didn't think it would be to Washington and two, get a 4 year extension. The connection to Vernon is still there at least 

Archived