Around the NFL

Forge

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

It's somewhat of a lose-lose for those who need a QB (us), whoever wins this game. If the Jags and Jets could both win, that'd be great. Maybe they'll tie. 

Looks like you may get your wish. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Malik Hooker was my choice at #3 for Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM - he just picked up his 3rd INT already on the season. Really would have liked to have him at FS and Ward back at CB. Would be a far more formidable secondary in any case. 

He looks like the real deal, that kids a ball hawk 

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We meet again.

Lol hello good sir.

Next week should be interesting. We both have winnable games. We have improved out tanking aptitude this year though, so be prepared for a fight

So I read an article that mentioned potential trade targets and among them was Malcolm Butler. Now while I think Butler has always been overrated to a certain degree he is still much better than what he currently have at CB, has a ton of experience where he experienced success and could come at possibly a fairly cheap price. The Patriots traded Jamie Collins away who was in a similar boat not to long ago to the Browns for a 4th rounder that could become a 3rd if certain targets/goals were met. I'd gladly part with the 4th we own, possibly one of our 3rds for a CB of his caliber and we obviously have the money to give him a contract when this year comes to an end. Just food for thought.

36 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

So I read an article that mentioned potential trade targets and among them was Malcolm Butler. Now while I think Butler has always been overrated to a certain degree he is still much better than what he currently have at CB, has a ton of experience where he experienced success and could come at possibly a fairly cheap price. The Patriots traded Jamie Collins away who was in a similar boat not to long ago to the Browns for a 4th rounder that could become a 3rd if certain targets/goals were met. I'd gladly part with the 4th we own, possibly one of our 3rds for a CB of his caliber and we obviously have the money to give him a contract when this year comes to an end. Just food for thought.

I don't hate the idea. I wonder if they do it with their defense being so bad. Last year, their defense was one of the better ones in the league so they could stomach the loss of Collins. 

Definitely a risk because you can't negotiate with him until the season is over, so he may bail and we get very little for him in regards to production. But we can certainly give him money if that's what he wants

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't hate the idea. I wonder if they do it with their defense being so bad. Last year, their defense was one of the better ones in the league so they could stomach the loss of Collins. 

Definitely a risk because you can't negotiate with him until the season is over, so he may bail and we get very little for him in regards to production. But we can certainly give him money if that's what he wants

Yea I think all it would take is some money and making him an important part of our defensive rebuild. We have both of those things to offer. He's already got his ring and the way he was toyed around with by NE this year he's probably looking for the same thing Cousins is, a place that wants him and a pay check that shows it. May not be the best fix we could get but people same the said of Carlos Rogers and we got good return on him. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

If he left we could probably get a comp pick, but that is assuming Lynch doesn't sign too many FAs to cancel it out. 

It's not gonna happen midseason I don't think. If we are going to have to pay him either way, then let's just pay him in the offseason and keep our valuable, high draft picks this year. 

Cousins will probably have to be the first domino to fall this offseason. If we don't get him then we will have more money to offer other players like Butler. 

Corners that have never played professionally for anyone other than BB scare me a little 

Archived