Around the NFL

Forge

4 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Some veteran leadership for our young corners would be nice 

Not sure that Talib's leadership is the type you want lol. 

That being said, I think he could be a guy to target. Still plays at a high level, cost to get him would be nominal. We have a good back and forth with the Broncos, and it would free up quite a bit of space for them. 

There are a couple of corners I would like. I still like Brent Grimes on a 2 year deal. Guy is old and still somehow manages to play some quality cornerback. If we are going to draft another corner this year (and we probably should), I like bringing him behind slowly behind someone like Grimes with Spoon on the other side. 

1 hour ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

So the tone setter for the LOB is gone.  Sherman will be recovering from an acl tear.  Karma is finally starting to hit them back.

Karma? For what? I think it's just old age. Happens to every dominant team. Besides, they all have a ring. Got at least one chip while their window was open. Unlike Harbaugh's squads. 

48 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Karma? For what? I think it's just old age. Happens to every dominant team. Besides, they all have a ring. Got at least one chip while their window was open. Unlike Harbaugh's squads. 

Right, like how the heck is karma starting to hit them back? And what karma? What bad thing did they do aside from absolutely embarrass us for the last five or so years? Since 2013, they are 10-1 against us, and 8-0 since 2014. And they got the ring we weren't able to get during our run. This is par for course in the NFL. The LOB had a nice six or seven year run, but eventually you have to reload. They are lucky to be having to reload instead of rebuilding since they still have nice pieces on the defensive end and a franchise QB. 

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

It's an achillies  tear he's recovering from. Grimes is solid still so he wouldnt bother me. Assuming all are available for trade/signing who would you bring in? Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, or Richard Sherman

From a talent perspective, I think that Talib would be the best. Obviously, sherman has the rather large caveat of the achilles tear, which is sometimes an injury that until the second year to fully recover from. We've seen first hand what it looks like when a guy tears his Achilles and is able to play but is definitely not the same person yet. Remember how bad Crabtree was at creating separation when he came back from his? How he looked slow and done? It wasn't until the next year in Oakland that he started looking like himself. I think Sherman may have a similar new year back where's he's just not there yet. 

Grimes is probably the best combination of what he puts on the field / not crazy / decent contract situation (probably 2 years with the second one being largely optional) 

In the modern NFL, it's crazy to think that 3 defensive backs that good (great / elite) even played together for the 7 seasons, let alone at the level they did.

Only karma I could think of was Sherman's gigantic mouth after the NFCCG at the end of our run. But one would think if karma were a thing, it probably would have come far sooner.

I was just looking at some NFL statistics...and I can't believe that there were only 9 running backs who rushed for 1000 yards. Nine. There were less 2 years ago, but just goes to show much the game has changed in such a short time. 5 years ago, there were typically 15 or more rushers who hit that mark. 

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

In the modern NFL, it's crazy to think that 3 defensive backs that good (great / elite) even played together for the 7 seasons, let alone at the level they did.

Only karma I could think of was Sherman's gigantic mouth after the NFCCG at the end of our run. But one would think if karma were a thing, it probably would have come far sooner.

And it would have resulted in them losing the SB that season....Granted, they choked it away the following season, but still got a ring after Sherman blasted Crabtree.  You don't have to like that team, but not sure how you can't respect it. They were so mentally tough during their run and despite being flawed, damn near always made a solid run at it. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was just looking at some NFL statistics...and I can't believe that there were only 9 running backs who rushed for 1000 yards. Nine. There were less 2 years ago, but just goes to show much the game has changed in such a short time. 5 years ago, there were typically 15 or more rushers who hit that mark. 

A lot more RBBC out there and obviously teams pass much more now a days. I still prefer an offense that implements a 55/45 or 57/43 pass to run ratio. 

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And it would have resulted in them losing the SB that season....Granted, they choked it away the following season, but still got a ring after Sherman blasted Crabtree.  You don't have to like that team, but not sure how you can't respect it. They were so mentally tough during their run and despite being flawed, damn near always made a solid run at it. 

It's easy not to respect them. Adderall plus the systematic jersey pulling their DBs would consistently get away with. Not to mention one of their worst techniques, which calls for the OL to cut block opposing DLs, often resulting in severe injuries (ask Ian Williams). I find it really easy to dislike and disrespect them, personally. I have yet to take pleasure in their "demise", because I don't know for a fact that it's over. If Sherman returns to health and Carroll is still there, they will continue to cut block and grab jerseys and get away with it.

6 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

It's easy not to respect them. Adderall plus the systematic jersey pulling their DBs would consistently get away with. Not to mention one of their worst techniques, which calls for the OL to cut block opposing DLs, often resulting in severe injuries (ask Ian Williams). I find it really easy to dislike and disrespect them, personally. I have yet to take pleasure in their "demise", because I don't know for a fact that it's over. If Sherman returns to health and Carroll is still there, they will continue to cut block and grab jerseys and get away with it.

Well Bill Walsh and Bob McKittrick were hated by opposing players and fanbases all through our glory years for thoe same cut-blocks your chastising the Seahawks for. If its legal, than its legal. The NFL allowed it@the time so I dont see the problem. As far as how their CBs played, meh. Plenty teams found ways to beat them. We didn't lose those games because their CBs were holding all game. The rivalry is still too new for me to harbor any real resentment towards them. I think their fanbase can be a little obnoxious@times but I take no pleasure in their potential fall from grace.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Jersey pulling? Really? So you must not have respected Justin Smith's hold to allow Aldon to loop around for those stunts? Come on, and who the hell cares about aderall or whatever the hell they took. 

Archived