Around the NFL

Forge

9 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

The team that could really use him is Jacksonville.  I think they'd be a legitimate contender if they had a better qb

I think they trade him into the NFC if possible.  But yeah, Jacksonville with Smith is a Super Bowl team. He fits what they need perfectly. 

Alex might have finally reached his potential.  8th in passing yards. Add in rushing yards and he led the league in total yards per game. Out of all QBs with over 2000 passing yards (that's the top 28) he was first in quarterback rating,  2nd in YPA (one tenth of a yard out of first place) and third in completion percentage (one tenth of a percent out of second). Also led the league in TD/Int ratio and had the 2nd fewest ints. Led the league in 40+ yard completions. Jax and Buffalo would be much more serious contenders if they had him.  He'd be good in Pitt if Big Ben decided to call it quits. Also in Washington if Cousins leaves.

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Alex might have finally reached his potential.  8th in passing yards. Add in rushing yards and he led the league in total yards per game. Out of all QBs with over 2000 passing yards (that's the top 28) he was first in quarterback rating,  2nd in YPA (one tenth of a yard out of first place) and third in completion percentage (one tenth of a percent out of second). Also led the league in TD/Int ratio and had the 2nd fewest ints. Led the league in 40+ yard completions. Jax and Buffalo would be much more serious contenders if they had him.  He'd be good in Pitt if Big Ben decided to call it quits. Also in Washington if Cousins leaves.

Wow, I had no idea how well he had been doing this year overall.  Good for him.  

10 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Is Bortles the worst starting QB in the NFL?  I think Hoyer would be an upgrade. Is there someone obvious I’m leaving out? I think Kizer at least flashed potential occasionally. 

Probably  not the worst, but defintiely keeping Jax from being all they can be.  

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My goodness does Bortles suck. 

Alex Smith with the Jags would be dangerous. 

I think Alex is the biggest domino in 2018 free agency. I think KC would be foolish to move on from him at this point. Mahomes is simply not ready. He's on a pretty cheap rookie deal. They should be in no hurry to move on from Alex. Especially with the season he had. The game yesterday showed they still lack offensive firepower. Kelce went out and Hill was really their only true playmaker and was easily nullified because he's more so a gadget/slot type of WR. Not a true outside WR with the full route tree at his disposal. The should really concentrate on giving Alex more weapons next year and adding some depth to their front seven. 

If Alex goes, he will have his pick of suitors. Jax, Denver, Arizona and NYJ off the top of my head. And I'd argue teams like Cincy and Minny would heavily reconsider their current situation if he became available. Really cant see KC not tagging him and giving Mahomes AT LEAST one more year...

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

Wow, I had no idea how well he had been doing this year overall.  Good for him.  

I think the mid season slump the Chiefs had really killed the spotlight he was under. Early on, he was talked about as a MVP candidate, then was swiftly dismissed when the Chiefs started losing. But he finished the year strong, and honestly, he's probably more deserving than most of the guys who will be getting votes over him. And outside of the big 3, Kelce/Hill/Hunt, that Chiefs offense is not that impressive. Albert Wilson? Demetrius Harris? We were able to see the lack of depth they have once Kelce went down yesterday. Too bad. A new start for Alex.

10 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Goodness, Romo is hard to listen to. Its like hes just rambles on and on with no concise thought. Like hes sitting in his living room with his buddies, just talking football ad nauseam.  

I don't mind that. He's way less formatted and boring than many commentators. So many just don't even know what they're talking about. Romo just seems excited to be watching a football game.

18 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I don't mind that. He's way less formatted and boring than many commentators. So many just don't even know what they're talking about. Romo just seems excited to be watching a football game.

Meh , a little structure would be nice. Not saying he has to be a robot but i find it a little irritating.

Archived