Broncos cut CJ Anderson

49erurtaza

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I always liked Booker. I saw him as a Ray Rice type player minus the piece of human garbage factor. Hope he gets a chance to carry the load, but from what I've seen, he looks pretty meh thus far.

He’s a very capable pass catcher and hard effort runner.   Also improved his blocking.   But his vision and decisiveness between the tackles is nowhere near his colllege level.  Which is really disappointing.   I’d hoped for more.   He’s still a good 3rd down and 2-minute weapon.   He just showed more in college.   Maybe the age difference in college accounted for it.  

Just now, TheChancellor said:

Ahh yes, the 49ers and their infinite cap space. Sign all the free agents!

What? I just think he would fit shannys zone scheme and the things he likes to do with the RB. Never said I wanted him to go there. I could care less what the 9ers do. 

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He’s a very capable pass catcher and hard effort runner.   Also improved his blocking.   But his vision and decisiveness between the tackles is nowhere near his colllege level.  Which is really disappointing.   I’d hoped for more.   He’s still a good 3rd down and 2-minute weapon.   He just showed more in college.   Maybe the age difference in college accounted for it.  

Do you think any of this can be attributed to running behind a below average OL?  I just want to know if he could be better behind the Redskins OL.

33 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Do you think any of this can be attributed to running behind a below average OL?  I just want to know if he could be better behind the Redskins OL.

I was talking about Booker lol. 

CJ did ok behind the DEN OL.  But that was a decent run blocking line (but horrid bottom 3 pass blocking OL last year).    He’d be a short term upgrade for WAS over your current RB IMO.   But his risk of wearing down and injury I’d only be comfortable with him on a year to year basis.   It’s also why long term investing Day 2 for RB would be a better play IMO. 

Someone gets hurt in camp, and he's back on a team. He seems like the kind of player who will do anything - play some two down running, catch passes on 3rd down, plays some ST, line up as a FB/H-Back or anything else. Doesn't do any of it well or special, just does it. 

Guys like that tend to have long careers.

35 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Someone gets hurt in camp, and he's back on a team. He seems like the kind of player who will do anything - play some two down running, catch passes on 3rd down, plays some ST, line up as a FB/H-Back or anything else. Doesn't do any of it well or special, just does it. 

Guys like that tend to have long careers.

To be clear, Anderson is far from done.   Just that he’s not worth that coin on a team that’s as cap-strapped as we are.   And Elway’s desire to draft a RB with one of our 4 top 100 picks in a (yet again) very talented draft class and go cheap with 2 other rookie contract RB’s on the roster already. 

He will for sure land on his feet this year and likely ends up being a key timeshare guy who can put 3-4 workhorse game stretches when needed.     Also a guy whose play style fades quickly once critical workload / wear and tear sets in.  Ideal for the vet 1-year guaranteed deals.     

He was a key piece to our SB50 run so he will always be well thought of in DEN.   He is a consummate professional so likely he signs soon after the Draft is done.  

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be clear, Anderson is far from done.   Just that he’s not worth that coin on a team that’s as cap-strapped as we are.   And Elway’s desire to draft a RB with one of our 4 top 100 picks in a (yet again) very talented draft class and go cheap with 2 other rookie contract RB’s on the roster already. 

He will for sure land on his feet this year and likely ends up being a key timeshare guy who can put 3-4 workhorse game stretches when needed.     Also a guy whose play style fades quickly once critical workload / wear and tear sets in.  Ideal for the vet 1-year guaranteed deals.     

He was a key piece to our SB50 run so he will always be well thought of in DEN.   He is a consummate professional so likely he signs soon after the Draft is done.  

Matt Patricia in Detroit makes a ton of sense...

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He strikes me as the definition of average NFL starter. And he's older with some decent wear and tear on his body. I think he's going to struggle to get a decent contract on the market.

Nah. CJ is actually a tad underrated but his problem is 1) Health--outside of last year he is seemingly always banged up missing 2 games here and 6 games there. 2) The Broncos offensive line has always been a train wreck, I think if he goes to a team with a good line he could be a very good starter for 2 years. He is one of the best 'tackle breaking' RBs in the league but the problem is 90% of the time he has nowhere to run because with the Broncos QB problem, teams load the box and he gets hit behind the line the majority of the time or there is nowhere to go and he just runs into a wall of linemen.

If he goes to a team who can consistently give him creases to hit, he will be a steal for the 3mill he will sign for. 

cj.0.gif

Archived