Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’ve never heard dan Patrick make up a fake rumor. He’s pretty legit. 

Yeah but so is Peter King and he said this morning he thinks it's Darnold lol

So we have people all of the place who all have "sources" all saying different things

Also, as far as Allen in particlular...

If Dorsey loved physical talents and believes the rest can be coached, why did he trade Kizer?  Aren’t they similar players, only one doesn’t cost a number one pick? Doesn’t really add up to me.

But does he actually value physical talent above all?  

Alex Smith is no freak with a cannon.

Neither is Tyrod.

Mahomes is, but he was also super productive and actually good at playing football. If Mahomes proves anything it’s that Dorsey isn’t overly concerned with college scheme.

I just don’t see the fit with Allen when comparing him to previous moves. 

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If Dorsey loved physical talents and believes the rest can be coached, why did he trade Kizer?  Aren’t they similar players, only one doesn’t cost a number one pick? Doesn’t really add up to me.

Neither is Tyrod.

Mahomes is, but he was also super productive and actually good at playing football. If Mahomes proves anything it’s that Dorsey isn’t overly concerned with college scheme.

exaclty people just see Mahomes and make that the reason 

but Mahomes was also a much better player

but that doesnt build discussion 

If it’s allen I will be pissed as ****. I don’t know if I can put a happy face on to watch this team play knowing we just drafted him to be our franchise QB. Take away his arm what does he got ?

Wins ? No.

Polarizing game moments ? No.

Accuracy? Nope.

Top notch footwork ? No.

Mechanics ? No.

Played at a legit D1 school ? Nope.

Okay, Okay he has to have the production, right ? Hahahah no 

but he has big hands is Tall,Mobile and can throw from one end zone to other. Oh cool so he’s the halftime entertainment. ? No .... he’s our franchise QB .... lmao. 

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Neither is Tyrod.

apparently they loved mahomes cause he was really impressive on the whiteboard and devours playbooks like a certain...

BAKER MAYFIELD

I’m not kidding when I say this it’s been Sam Darnold 1 with Baker Mayfield at 2 maybe even 1b. I just don’t know if I can sacrifice that much potential with Darnold his ceiling is enormous. Where as Bakers stops about 2 floors below Darnold. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On a side note, I’m guessing the truth comes out before long, no?

Wouldnt they want to sign the player first and all that jazz?  I get wanting to wait for an offer, but I can’t see not taking your guy at one tbh.

I'd think the process has started. Talking to the player(s) seeing their interest and what they are wanting in their contract.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On a side note, I’m guessing the truth comes out before long, no?

Wouldnt they want to sign the player first and all that jazz?  I get wanting to wait for an offer, but I can’t see not taking your guy at one tbh.

goodell aint lettin them do that

13 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I’m not kidding when I say this it’s been Sam Darnold 1 with Baker Mayfield at 2 maybe even 1b. I just don’t know if I can sacrifice that much potential with Darnold his ceiling is enormous. Where as Bakers stops about 2 floors below Darnold. 

i dont get this.  baker mayfields accuracy and anticipation is clearly the best in the class.  he has a well documented mind for the game of football + a work ethic that allowed him to win the starting job at oklahoma way quicker than anyone thought + a great memory + an arm thats good enough to make all the throws.

this seems like everythign we've been looking for minus 1-4 inches of height

Archived