Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

Just now, MWil23 said:

You have to like the clickbait articles with headlines like:

"Should the Browns play it safe or go for broke?"

The answer is: BOTH

You have a couple of boring "Blue Chip" prospects as a QB and as one of the following: DE, RB, CB

It's not rocket science people.

It’s quite funny, isn’t it. When they discuss him by himself, Darnold is a turnover machine but only 20 and with tons of potential.

Those same people, when they discuss him alongside Josh Allen, Darnold is the safest pick and strongest overall QB but with not much upside.

Hmm...

8 hours ago, mistakey said:

no, you were talking about collins potentially sucking for some reason

dude tears his acl and all of a sudden he's chopped liver

He'll be fine, he tore his MCL and that is probably one of the least fatal injuries in terms of regaining their athleticism I think people are underestimating his impact on our defense

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

I rather not draft a LB this year. That unit might be the best one on the team. If the LBs play up to their ability, LVE is useless. I rather see what the LBs do before I would replace one. 

I really like Devin White from LSU out of next years class. I believe he will be the best LB in the draft next year. 

This FO had pretty much all of the off season to evaluate those guys, every position on the team including this one needs competition. I am one of the few who wasn't totally blown away by the play of Schobert and Kirksey to the point where I felt we didn't have to draft a guy at that position

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Daniel Jeremiah on the Rich Eisen show saying he heard Buffalo trading to 5 rumblings but now he’s hearing Buffalo could end up trading to 4.

12, 22 and next year's #1 for starters.  

Sure would love to get our 3rd rounder back that we gave up for Tyrod Taylor.

21 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

12, 22 and next year's #1 for starters.  

Sure would love to get our 3rd rounder back that we gave up for Tyrod Taylor.

No need to get Greedy.  12/22 and a likely top 10-ish 2019 1st is more than enough.  We get greedy (which this already is) and they are trading elsewhere.  

12 is Ward/Fitzpatrick/James...........................

22 is maybe Guice

2019 1st is maybe a nice WR in what looks like be a good WR class so I am told. 

Sounds so much better than Barkley or Chubb

17 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

No need to get Greedy.  12/22 and a likely top 10-ish 2019 1st is more than enough.  We get greedy (which this already is) and they are trading elsewhere.  

22 is maybe Guice

This. 

18 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

22 is maybe Guice

Where are they going to go to?  We'll have already picked our guy.  The Giants will have already picked (maybe a QB).  The Jets will most certainly select a QB.  We could theoretically pick another QB at 4 (a little different, but not so much so with what Dallas did the year they took Aikman.  They also took Steve Walsh in the 1st round of the supplemental, and flipped him for a big haul later).  

I'm not necessarily advocating this, but if the spectre of this threat is there at 4, we just might be able to maximize our haul.  They can't trade to 5 to get a guy that was taken at 4.  

Dorsey supposedly likes Davenport too doesn’t he? Wouldn’t be surprised after the Senior Bowl if he locked in on the idea of him and another two first rounders after a trade over just Bradley Chubb.

Not saying I agree with the pick. Just that I could see him thinking that way.

31 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

22 is maybe Guice

Greedy. If they don’t trade with the Browns another team will. If Buffalo trades with Denever, just sends messages to other teams that they would need to trade up to 4. Now Buffalo trades up to 5 and Still misses on the QB because they got cheap. 

Browns hold leverage and need to utilize it

I had a dream last night that we did this in the draft:

*Trade #1 overall to the Giants for #2 and a 2nd round pick. (Sam Darnold/QB)

*Trade #2 overall to the New York Jets for #3 and a 3rd round pick. (Josh Allen/QB)

*Trade 2 2nd's and a 3rd to the Miami Dolphins for pick #11

#3--Baker Mayfield/QB/Oklahoma

#4--Saquon Barkley/RB/Penn State

#11--Denzel Ward/CB/Ohio State

Pretty cool dream.

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Where are they going to go to?  We'll have already picked our guy.  The Giants will have already picked (maybe a QB).  The Jets will most certainly select a QB.  We could theoretically pick another QB at 4 (a little different, but not so much so with what Dallas did the year they took Aikman.  They also took Steve Walsh in the 1st round of the supplemental, and flipped him for a big haul later).  

I'm not necessarily advocating this, but if the spectre of this threat is there at 4, we just might be able to maximize our haul.  They can't trade to 5 to get a guy that was taken at 4.  

I will kill someone if we draft another QB at 4 just to try and flip him.  The reward is nowhere near the risk.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Greedy. If they don’t trade with the Browns another team will. If Buffalo trades with Denever, just sends messages to other teams that they would need to trade up to 4. Now Buffalo trades up to 5 and Still misses on the QB because they got cheap. 

Browns hold leverage and need to utilize it

Yeah, but they dont need to get greedy.  If NOBODY deals with the Browns, then we just pick and then they deal with Denver.  

The whole threat of other teams wont matter if we are asking way the **** too much

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

Yeah, but they dont need to get greedy.  If NOBODY deals with the Browns, then we just pick and then they deal with Denver.  

The whole threat of other teams wont matter if we are asking way the **** too much

I believe the thinking is that Denver wants a QB, so Buffalo will have to get ahead of them, which gives us the leverage.

Archived