Lucky’s Final Mock Draft

LuckyIrish23

4 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

The guy is plenty quick.

Plenty quick in college does not automatically translate to a 'great slot' QB in the NFL. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on him. If he's our guy, I"ll be rooting like crazy for him, I promise! 

Thursday can't get here soon enough. Then we'll have something to talk about. Real choices that are now Packers, not projected possibles. And, as always, expect the unexpected. The Giants in particular are a real question mark, as are the Jets. Both could well move in a direction we don't foresee. Would the Giants actually choose Barkley? Would the Jets go for Allen? Not to mention there will be the inevitable "eleventh hour scandals", those rumors that suddenly pop up, or a video showing a player in a less than optimal situation. There will be "reaches" and players falling unexpectedly. It'll be an interesting night, and a lot of fun to analyze reality rather than try vainly to predict the future.

1 minute ago, ricky said:

Thursday can't get here soon enough. Then we'll have something to talk about. Real choices that are now Packers, not projected possibles. And, as always, expect the unexpected. The Giants in particular are a real question mark, as are the Jets. Both could well move in a direction we don't foresee. Would the Giants actually choose Barkley? Would the Jets go for Allen? Not to mention there will be the inevitable "eleventh hour scandals", those rumors that suddenly pop up, or a video showing a player in a less than optimal situation. There will be "reaches" and players falling unexpectedly. It'll be an interesting night, and a lot of fun to analyze reality rather than try vainly to predict the future.

True true. The viral vid of the big OT weeding out in a gas mask was something else. 

2 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

I'm just saying he showed he can excel at it in college. Sure projecting his performance to the pros is hit or miss just like everyone. Half these guys bust and a hell of a lot more than that on day 3. The hit or miss argument applies to everyone and is pointless when you are comparing prospects relative to each other.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  This is a Damarious Randell-esk type of project.  Expecting a college FS to effortlessly transition to CB.  While the hit and miss argument does apply to everyone the missing hurts a lot more when you spend 1/4 of your draft assets on the miss.  Its too big of a gamble to invest a substantial portion of your draft into a guy whom you will need to change positions.  

Like I  said earlier, I'd be open to drafting him if he falls but Im not interested in spending a large portion of our draft assets on him given he's got a slim chance to transition to CB.  

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Plenty quick in college does not automatically translate to a 'great slot' QB in the NFL.

What else do we have to go off of? He's playing in the SEC, the best competition. We'll agree to disagree, but I thought he looked fast and played the slot well on film.

38 minutes ago, SSG said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  This is a Damarious Randell-esk type of project.  Expecting a college FS to effortlessly transition to CB.  

You keep saying this and I keep saying he played slot cb.

As for gambling it is far better to take a 50/50 shot on a guy than 2 25% shots on 2 guys especially if there are diminishing returns from hitting on both 25%ers. All this has been gone over for decades though and that's where the trade value charts come from.

Derwin James, Fitz, and Chubb are the only two guys I am interested in moving up for right now. James and Fitz only because they can play CB and Safety. In both Cases though, I am only willing to give up a #4 to get James or Fitz...a #2 for Chubb. That means Chubb is a pipe dream unless someone wants QB's so bad that he slides some.

If NE is willing to move up to #14 for Lamar Jackson, I'd be willing to slide back for their two #1's and a swap of #4's.

3 hours ago, Pilprin said:

Derwin James, Fitz, and Chubb are the only two guys I am interested in moving up for right now. James and Fitz only because they can play CB and Safety. In both Cases though, I am only willing to give up a #4 to get James or Fitz...a #2 for Chubb. That means Chubb is a pipe dream unless someone wants QB's so bad that he slides some.

If NE is willing to move up to #14 for Lamar Jackson, I'd be willing to slide back for their two #1's and a swap of #4's.

New England isn't coughing up both 1sts for Lamar Jackson IMO.

Let's not forget N.E. has an empty patch of grass where Nate Solder used to line up. Not great for Brady's health. Don't know that the Notre Dame tackle will fall that far. Regardless, I think Lamar Jackson does a Geno Smith into the second round or beyond. Rumor has it his white board interviews were bad and had a whopping 13 on the Wonderlic. He certainly doesn't feel like a Patriots pick 

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Let's not forget N.E. has an empty patch of grass where Nate Solder used to line up. Not great for Brady's health. Don't know that the Notre Dame tackle will fall that far. Regardless, I think Lamar Jackson does a Geno Smith into the second round. Rumor has it his white board interviews were bad and had a whopping 13 on the Wonderlic. He certainly doesn't feel like a Patriots pick 

I still anticipate Lamar Jackson going in that 12-18 range.  Someone's going to gamble on him IMO.  As for New England, I'd agree that they're in the market for a LT.  If Kolten Miller is available at 21, they're going to take him IMO.  I think Oakland likes him quite a bit, and would move down a bit to get him.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I still anticipate Lamar Jackson going in that 12-18 range.  Someone's going to gamble on him IMO.  As for New England, I'd agree that they're in the market for a LT.  If Kolten Miller is available at 21, they're going to take him IMO.  I think Oakland likes him quite a bit, and would move down a bit to get him.

I agree. I'm not reading into wonderlic scores at all; total hokum IMHO. I think Arizona takes a shot at Jackson to be honest with you.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That would blow my mind. When I did a quick dive into Wonderlics weeks ago, a score of 15 was your average warehouse worker. Couple that with the communication issues that I can't be the only one to notice, and desperation doesn't even cover what I think of picking that guy

Just now, Joe said:

I agree. I'm not reading into wonderlic scores at all; total hokum IMHO. I think Arizona takes a shot at Jackson to be honest with you.

Teams want their QB's to be in the high 20's minimum. It's not smoke and mirrors

Archived