Broncos QB Battle - Siemian it is

AnAngryAmerican

Who Wins the QB Battle?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the QB Battle?

• Trevor Siemian
    • Paxton Lynch

13 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah I really like BSN, and not just BSN Broncos but all their coverage of Colorado teams, pro and college. 

I think the guys at Mile High Huddle, which is part of Scout.com which is somehow connected to CBS Sports, do an excellent job. I don't always agree with their analysis but they certainly approach from an unbiased, honest, professional perspective.

I second Troy Renck and Mike Klis, they're very well connected, and Sandy Clough on The Fan has been great for decades. I remember listening to him in the car when I was a little kid. All three aforementioned personalities are real journalists. 

Thanks for insight! Not that I don't like BSN, because I do, just wanted more exposure to Bronco news/analysis. I have read a few things on BSN for the Nuggets too. Not a rockies fan may check out for full sports experience.

19 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Sandy is a goddamm Denver legend. Never forget that Elway Trump'd him. I'll check out Mile High Huddle

Yeah that still doesn't sit well with me. Sandy is one of the few, the only other I think of being Woody, who pre-date Elway in Denver. 

You'll like MHH; they have a good almost daily podcast and website with both free and premium content. Like I said, they offer what I call "sober" analysis. 

Sounds like Paxton really impressed yesterday; he went 12/12 working with the ones and the twos and had some "wow" passes. It's clear the staff wants Paxton to win the job but he has to prove to his teammates and coaches that they can trust him. Saturday night is going to be huge. 

Sounds like Paxton is really fighting for this job. Think he could win it too.

Hoping both Paxton and Trevor turn up on Saturday, not just because there's a QB position up for grabs but to maybe show something to certain Bay Area media that they do have a future in this league. Not that I imagine they'll let the criticism get to them.

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

Sounds like Paxton is really fighting for this job. Think he could win it too.

Hoping both Paxton and Trevor turn up on Saturday, not just because there's a QB position up for grabs but to maybe show something to certain Bay Area media that they do have a future in this league. Not that I imagine they'll let the criticism get to them.

I was starting to get excited for Sloter, but I realize that Paxton winning the job is probably the best thing for the team (if he can do well). I hope he can do well tomorrow night. 

Since this is the main topic thread I'll post this here too, from yesterday's observation that Lynch has shown better the last 2 practices:

-----------------

Our long-term future is just miles head if Lynch can figure it out...but going off 2 practices after all the issues he's had...I'll believe it's a real sign of progress when he can do it consistently, and in-game (and keep in mind, preseason the D's are as vanilla as they get scheme wise - which is why struggling in preseason is so bad, while excelling in it doesn't guarantee success - but let's face it, any success would be a welcome change).    

We've been down this road 2-3x before with Lynch's flashes of physical talent (last year from the gun, this season's OTA's) only to be crushed watching some in-game horror shows to get even remotely excited now.  But, at least it's made it worth staying up and watching (if I wasn't travelling, anyways).

While the 49ers beat reporters might be biased for their guys (and so the Betheard comment is completely taken with a grain of salt), their assessment of our situation, as with other outsiders, isn't tinged with hope projected onto the assessments like we are falling into - it's always a good double-check to see how the outsiders view the situation, so this should be fun to see their in-game commentary as well as our own.    

Either way though, it will make for some actual interest on Saturday.  Sucks I won't be able to see it, on a plane doing the redeye - will have to record and view later on in the week, not even the next day unless I can find an online feed that will work with plane wifi (not holding my breath lol)....so I'm looking forward to some updates and in-depth eye-witness reports, guys!

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Since this is the main topic thread I'll post this here too, from yesterday's observation that Lynch has shown better the last 2 practices:

-----------------

Our long-term future is just miles head if Lynch can figure it out...but going off 2 practices after all the issues he's had...I'll believe it's a real sign of progress when he can do it consistently, and in-game (and keep in mind, preseason the D's are as vanilla as they get scheme wise - which is why struggling in preseason is so bad, while excelling in it doesn't guarantee success - but let's face it, any success would be a welcome change).    

We've been down this road 2-3x before with Lynch's flashes of physical talent (last year from the gun, this season's OTA's) only to be crushed watching some in-game horror shows to get even remotely excited now.  But, at least it's made it worth staying up and watching (if I wasn't travelling, anyways).

While the 49ers beat reporters might be biased for their guys (and so the Betheard comment is completely taken with a grain of salt), their assessment of our situation, as with other outsiders, isn't tinged with hope projected onto the assessments like we are falling into - it's always a good double-check to see how the outsiders view the situation, so this should be fun to see their in-game commentary as well as our own.    

Either way though, it will make for some actual interest on Saturday.  Sucks I won't be able to see it, on a plane doing the redeye - will have to record and view later on in the week, not even the next day unless I can find an online feed that will work with plane wifi (not holding my breath lol)....so I'm looking forward to some updates and in-depth eye-witness reports, guys!

I will let you know how well Lynch is running the nacho cart.  

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

Lynch just doesn't have it boys.  It's disappointing.  He is lost and scared out there.

Yup - there's still time for him to get there long-term - but best-case midseason.   Most likely is 2018 - needs a lot more time.  And still no guarantees either.  But the practices this week were the blip - not surprising given the body of work with the same struggles over and over.  

Elway and VJ gave both a week starting with 1st team - can call it now.  Pretty easy call.  Siemian doesn't have the same long-term ceiling but he's miles ahead to help us win now ahead of Lynch.  Not even close.  

Listening to Sandy Clough, and he says that Sloter will probably be on practice squad (which is a travesty). He also said that Joseph said that Lynch didn't play that bad or something. The QB situation in Denver is a farce. Time to go back to the billboard (like fans did with Tebow) to lobby for Sloter. 

Archived