The Ben Wade Gang Mafia - It's Day 5

Dome

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

No because we didn’t have the ability to lynch mafia on half of the nights. That was our only way to kill mafia. We literally would have had to lynch mafia d1, d3 and d5 in order to win or it would be mathematically impossible

To expand on this, we either would have to have a perfect lynching each night we can or for me to choose the correct person to protect on at least two chances to even have a mathmatical chance at winning. 

3 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

I'm not getting that. You prevent 3 hits and given what I'm guessing was 4 invests. For 13 total people to begin. Could have been done. Just happened that it didn't 

You’re not following. My protection was the only thing that could allow for even one mislynch. So we would either have to be 100% with our lynches, or me nailing multiple protections (which is generally a very low chance) in order to even have a chance mathmatically

@LetTheBallFly the part that gopher said you were being obvious, that I wouldn’t comment on during game....

I THINK what gopher was referring to was the fact that Math was asking JFin if he had an invest on you, you just stayed quiet to see what JFin would say rather than defend yourself or get ahead of whatever JFin was saying. It was suspicious and clear you were just waiting to see what JFin had to say about you. 

That’s what I think gopher meant when he said you made it obvious, but obviously I couldn’t tell you that during the game.

The game might not have been perfectly balanced, but I don’t think it was THAT bad.

Besides the guys that locked their vote in at night, we had a civ that didn’t know aliens were the bad guys until like N4, we also had a power role go mostly inactive and the cop died the night he investigated fin.

IMO it’s hard to fully test the balance of the game when you’ve got a mostly inactive PR in a game this small, and another civ coming in n4 asking who the bad guys are 

6 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

The game might not have been perfectly balanced, but I don’t think it was THAT bad.

Besides the guys that locked their vote in at night, we had a civ that didn’t know aliens were the bad guys until like N4, we also had a power role go mostly inactive and the cop died the night he investigated fin.

IMO it’s hard to fully test the balance of the game when you’ve got a mostly inactive PR in a game this small, and another civ coming in n4 asking who the bad guys are 

not to mention idiots locking their votes in for no reason

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

not to mention idiots locking their votes in for no reason

I’ll shoulder some of the blame for instituting a dumb rule that didn’t serve a real purpose. Or at least making a rule that allowed civs to screw themselves.

Just now, MathMan said:

all in all, it was really fun!

i enjoyed the story telling aspect.

and minor balance issues are okay, because consider each game a playtest.

(ps i nailed the cowboys vs aliens theme pregame)

I had a story written up I wasn’t totally sold on. I was cowboys vs aliens but I was going to abandon it.

when you guessed the theme I knew it was meant to be and I needed to rework the story lol 

thanks for playing all. Sorry about the balance issues and rules misunderstandings

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I had a story written up I wasn’t totally sold on. I was cowboys vs aliens but I was going to abandon it.

when you guessed the theme I knew it was meant to be and I needed to rework the story lol 

thanks for playing all. Sorry about the balance issues and rules misunderstandings

nah anytime @jfinley88 wins is a good day for america

Archived