Why should I sign with you? Manny Machado edition

playmaker8267

Didi - 1st in RBIs and HR's (tied), 2nd in Average and walks.

Judge - Good average, 1st in walks and HR's (tied). The K's will probably always be there - but he's carrying them in other areas. 

Stanton & Sanchez - Have just been abusive so far.

16 hours ago, crab1106 said:

With Andujar, Didi and Torres potentially the future,  I'm starting to think Harper is the most likely for NYY again. That's if one of him or Judge can take over for Hicks in CF. Hicks will only have one year left and they could move him for SP or prospects.

Both Judge and Harper could play some center field and you can always have one of those guys DH.  Its still an option.  

8 hours ago, mission27 said:

Both Judge and Harper could play some center field and you can always have one of those guys DH.  Its still an option.  

Plz no. I can't have my Yankee hatred grow any deeper. I love Harper.

Just go to Chicago, Bryce. Play with your buddy KB.

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Plz no. I can't have my Yankee hatred grow any deeper. I love Harper.

Just go to Chicago, Bryce. Play with your buddy KB.

You have to admit though his smugness and overall personality fit so well with the Yankees tbh

23 hours ago, pollino14 said:

That’s what I’m saying too (haven’t thought about Donaldson)

Hank Steinbrenner has already said he doesn’t think you need a 200 mil payroll to win a championship. If Andujar proves he can play in the majors, I really don’t see us going all in on Machado. Out OF looks set for awhile and think Chi outbids us for Harper.

My prediction for the Yanks is that we make a move at the deadline for a Ace like pitcher, and aren’t overly aggressive in FA.

Yea, I just don't see the Yankees reverting back to the old days with the success they seem to be sustaining with this new model of building a team.

Also, I'm doubtful we'll see Tulo this season. Assuming we let JD walk and if Tulo retires (as he should), we'll have 45 million freed up from just them 2.

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't know how you can have an OF with 2 players as smug as Harper/Stanton, then a flea like Judge tbh.

That makes me pretty steamed that you’d post this tbh

I will admit Judge doesn’t have the overt in your face smugness of those two but he does have one of the strongest low key smugnesses I’ve ever seen.  His holier than though refusal to lower himself to the level of other human beings or ever say anything negative is extremely Jeterian.  People called Jeter humble too for a while until they found out about the gift baskets, etc. 

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

That makes me pretty steamed that you’d post this tbh

I will admit Judge doesn’t have the overt in your face smugness of those two but he does have one of the strongest low key smugnesses I’ve ever seen.  His holier than though refusal to lower himself to the level of other human beings or ever say anything negative is extremely Jeterian.  People called Jeter humble too for a while until they found out about the gift baskets, etc. 

tbh Judge seems like the kind of guy who tries to be smug but finds out he's got ranch dressing spilled on his shirt.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

tbh Judge seems like the kind of guy who tries to be smug but finds out he's got ranch dressing spilled on his shirt.

Judge is the kind of dude who smugly hits a 500 foot homer than rounds the bases like it’s no big deal because he doesn’t it all the time.  That’s true inner smugness 

Just now, mission27 said:

Judge is the kind of dude who smugly hits a 500 foot homer than rounds the bases like it’s no big deal because he doesn’t it all the time.  That’s true inner smugness 

But he also signed autographs before the game, kept a pen on his back pocket that he didn't cap, and now has ink on his butt.

Flea.

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But he also signed autographs before the game, kept a pen on his back pocket that he didn't cap, and now has ink on his butt.

Flea.

But you were looking at his butt so whose the real winner here

Just now, mission27 said:

But you were looking at his butt so whose the real winner here

Harper because when they bring him in, Judge is going to move to CF like a flea.

As smug as ARod was (and his smugness has ripened with age), Jeter proved his smugness not with gift baskets but when he made ARod move to 3B despite being a scrub SS. That's smugness, and relegated ARod to flea status for the better part of a decade before banging JLo could restore him to CS.

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Harper because when they bring him in, Judge is going to move to CF like a flea.

As smug as ARod was (and his smugness has ripened with age), Jeter proved his smugness not with gift baskets but when he made ARod move to 3B despite being a scrub SS. That's smugness, and relegated ARod to flea status for the better part of a decade before banging JLo could restore him to CS.

I don’t think ARod could ever be considered a flea, I mean the guy is one of the great all time CS and very smug, but your point is well taken.

Judge should only move if it is out of low key smugness.  Not true humility.

Archived