Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

In 15 days, the Raiders host the Packers in Winnipeg. The fans won’t have to worry about lines at the bathrooms. Via Carter Brooks of Game On Magazine in Winnipeg, only 8,944 tickets have been sold to the preseason game. That’s 27 percent of the 33,000-seat capacity at IG Field.

One of the problems could be the price point. Via Brooks, the cheapest ticket costs $191.50 Canadian. This equates to $143.70 in American dollars, under the current conversion rate.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/07/only-8944-tickets-have-been-sold-to-packers-raiders-preseason-game-in-winnipeg/

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Can't wait to read the why we suck for us this year.

Yeah that will be good, some obvious Kirk Cousins bashing I am sure or talking about the crap O line, will see.  I did like the "ranch style homes" line surrounding Green Bay, that was good and about the fact that Rodgers will be pissed for life he did not win that beer chugging thing at the Bucks game which I totally believe...haha.

PS I would not mind getting Jason Spriggs as a backup OT in our system to be honest since the Packers just cut him but doubt we have the finances to do that.  I liked him at Indiana and is a good enough athlete potentially for the zone blocking system as a backup, and who knows maybe could try out at guard as a backup as well.  

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

PS I would not mind getting Jason Spriggs as a backup OT in our system to be honest since the Packers just cut him but doubt we have the finances to do that.  I liked him at Indiana and is a good enough athlete potentially for the zone blocking system as a backup, and who knows maybe could try out at guard as a backup as well.  

I had the same thought when I saw that.

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

How much did the defensive starters actually play though?

Literally none of them except Adams who actually looked really good. Savage suited up but didn't play or played a series and he will most likely start week 1 as well. Other than those two most of the players who played significant time won't make the team or will play less than 25% of the snaps. 

Edited by Spartacus

For one speaking of Texans vs Packers...  I wish we still had Joe Webb as a backup QB, he was great in that role and so versatile to the team, awesome he is still in the league. Also wish we drafted and or signed as a UDFA Tyron Johnson, kid is a burner and no surprise he did well last night, heck they also got Johnnie Dixon another flyer with speed, both UDFA.

In terms of the Packers yeah they did not play a ton of starters and it does not mean much what happens I agree.  Ty Summers sucks they got him, he will fit right into that ILB spot that Ryan left, Summers is good and can even rush the edge if asked to.  Surprised Keke or Looney did not do much and they got Randy Ramsey I see, decent athlete and could fit well as a 3/4 OLB.  

I thought when I saw the last name last year Reggie Gilbert was Jimmie Gilbert from Colorado.  I liked Jimmie when he was in college and he is 6-5 234 an ran a 4.64 40, 81" wing span, and 37" vert.  Currently out of the NFL right now and was a UDFA but then was cut, sounds like a poor mans Anthony Barr type but oh well.  

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

For one speaking of Texans vs Packers...  I wish we still had Joe Webb as a backup QB, he was great in that role and so versatile to the team, awesome he is still in the league. Also wish we drafted and or signed as a UDFA Tyron Johnson, kid is a burner and no surprise he did well last night, heck they also got Johnnie Dixon another flyer with speed, both UDFA.

In terms of the Packers yeah they did not play a ton of starters and it does not mean much what happens I agree.  Ty Summers sucks they got him, he will fit right into that ILB spot that Ryan left, Summers is good and can even rush the edge if asked to.  Surprised Keke or Looney did not do much and they got Randy Ramsey I see, decent athlete and could fit well as a 3/4 OLB.  

I thought when I saw the last name last year Reggie Gilbert was Jimmie Gilbert from Colorado.  I liked Jimmie when he was in college and he is 6-5 234 an ran a 4.64 40, 81" wing span, and 37" vert.  Currently out of the NFL right now and was a UDFA but then was cut, sounds like a poor mans Anthony Barr type but oh well.  

Joe Webb is still a freaking animal. His size with that kind of agility is rare, he made so many plays with his feet. Was fun to watch. Kingsley Keke had a very good game, stat sheet might not show it but he was very disruptive pushing the pocket.