Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

At least for now, it appears that a kicker (Greg Joseph) finally went from Minnesota to Green Bay instead of the reverse and won the job.  I wouldn't be surprised, however, if they pick up someone else and cut Joseph tomorrow.  🤣

On 8/26/2024 at 9:32 PM, CWood21 said:

Yeah, it's not going to "fix" the backup QB position.  It's like getting a 2 day old dog turn as opposed to a 4 day old dog turd.  At the end of the day, it's still a dog turd.  Listening to LaFleur's comments the other day, neither Clifford or Pratt managed to instill any confidence that they were capable of being QB2.  Pratt likely heads off the to the PS for the year and Clifford probably looks elsewhere.

Do you think the FO plan is to put Willis through Qb school and hope he turns into a functional backup, or is this “if love goes down, just let Willis run around and see what happens”?

1 hour ago, sinceAtikevike said:

Do you think the FO plan is to put Willis through Qb school and hope he turns into a functional backup, or is this “if love goes down, just let Willis run around and see what happens”?

To me, it speaks more about the Packers' opinion of Pratt and Clifford than it does Willis.  Pratt and Clifford both were given every opportunity to win QB2 spot.  And both consistently fell up short.  Maybe Willis can at least extend plays with his legs and create opportunities.

10 hours ago, sinceAtikevike said:

They are in the same situation as the vast majority of other teams are in. If the starter goes down, they are in deep trouble. 

I liked Michael Pratt. Hope he does well elsewhere.

The Philadelphia Eagles are set to travel to Sau Paulo, Brazil to play the Green Bay Packers next Friday for the first ever game in South America. That plan is now up in the air, however, as wildfires have ravaged the area, resulting in poor air quality.

Over 30 nearby cities are battling the wildfires, and there is word that the NFL may have to cancel this game for the safety for all involved.

The Eagles were scheduled to be the home team in this game, so moving it back to Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia makes sense if this game cannot be played as scheduled.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/eagles-today/breaking-week-1-eagles-vs-packers-be-canceled-wildfires-brazil-philadelphia-green-bay-rumor

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

The Philadelphia Eagles are set to travel to Sau Paulo, Brazil to play the Green Bay Packers next Friday for the first ever game in South America. That plan is now up in the air, however, as wildfires have ravaged the area, resulting in poor air quality.

Over 30 nearby cities are battling the wildfires, and there is word that the NFL may have to cancel this game for the safety for all involved.

The Eagles were scheduled to be the home team in this game, so moving it back to Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia makes sense if this game cannot be played as scheduled.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/eagles-today/breaking-week-1-eagles-vs-packers-be-canceled-wildfires-brazil-philadelphia-green-bay-rumor

NO! The Eagles and the entire city of Philadelphia should have to attend the game in the very middle of all the wildfires...

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

NO! The Eagles and the entire city of Philadelphia should have to attend the game in the very middle of all the wildfires...

sung to the tune of Purple Rain...

I never meant to cause you any fumbles
I never meant to cause you to tire
I only wanted one time to see you playing
I only wanted to see you
Playing in the Brazilian Fire

Brazilian Fire, Brazilian Fire
I only wanted to see you
Playing in the Brazilian Fire

• Like 1