College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Ya'll over hear complaining about DE and FS picks and I'm sitting here like WTF mate? Why on God's green earth are we trading away picks to move up for a TE when David Njoku has clearly shown he can be a legit threat in NFL. Its not his fault the QBs on his team are garbage.

Hayden Hurst is going to be talked about as the most naturally gifted/talented TE to come into the draft since Kellen Winslow Jr/Tyler Eifert...and he's etter than them.

He's an offensive weapon.

And split out wide as WR in college...just like Hue used Eifert and Todd Heap

They create serious mismatches and would be dynamic offensive playmakers in Two TE sets that Hue loves to run.

The name of the game is to get dynamic talent on the field.

it doesn't matter one's a WR and another is a TE or both are TEs

If you saw Hurst play, it would make sense,but to you "WTF another TE...that makes no sense"

LOL...watch how footall is played in the NFL....look how Hue likes to scheme...what could be done with big bodied fast athletes that can jump and catch like Hurst and Njoku with Saquon Barkley coming out the backfield and still upgrading WR talent with other picks

2 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Yeah I don't care what type of player the guy is I am just going to sit back and let simple logic do its work. I would bet all I have right now that the Browns do not draft a TE in the 1st round this spring.

Yea the Browns just traded UP last year in the 1st round to get the TE they wanted. Highly doubt they take one for the next 2 years in any round.

I did just watch Hurst highlights and I will say he is damned legit. He looks like a future stud. If last year was a stacked draft and this year is as weak as it seems right now then there is no way in hell he slips to #24 anyway. Again even if he slides that far there is zero chance the Browns trade up for him.

7 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Yeah I don't care what type of player the guy is I am just going to sit back and let simple logic do its work. I would bet all I have right now that the Browns do not draft a TE in the 1st round this spring.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yea the Browns just traded UP last year in the 1st round to get the TE they wanted. Highly doubt they take one for the next 2 years in any round.

It's about PASS CATCHERS and PLAYMAKERS

It doesn't matter if it's a TE or WR

Why are you guys getting so caught up with that it's a TE

Football is played with 11 men on the field on each side. The goal is to get as many playmakers on the field as you can...however they come.

The Offense:

QB Kirk Cousins

RB Saquon Barkley

WR Corey Coleman// Michael Gallup // Terrelle Pryor

WR Calvin Ridley // Josh Gordon

TE/HB Hayden Hurst (OMG...gasp another TE....blashpemy...shouldn't this be a FB or another WR...news flash...what if the TE/Playmaker is better, stronger, and just as fast)

TE David Njoku

LT Joe Thomas

LG Joel Bitonio

C JC Tretter

RG Kevin Zeiter

RT Shon Coleman

The Defense:

DE Myles Garrett

DT Danny Shelton // Trevon Coley

DT Larry Ogunjobi // Emmanuel Ogbah

DE Bradley Chubb // Emmanuel Ogbah

WLB Jamie Collins

MLB Joe Schobert

SLB Christian Kirksey

CB Jason Mccourty

CB A free agent // rookie or someone

FS Deshon Elliot

SS Jabrill Peppers

@Mind Character Im getting caught that its a TE because nobody outside of NE ever uses 2 TE on the field at the same time. Hell, the staff loves Devalve and we hardly ever see them on the field at the same time. Also, its because young QBs have a tendancy to not throw to TEs and over the middle. They stick to outside WRs where there are easier throws and dont have to read the middle of the field with all of the coverages.

And even NE doesnt do it a whole lot anymore. Secondly, TE is the one position that takes the absolute longest to develop. There hasnt been a 1st round TE that has lit the world on fire as a every game difference maker their rookie year since Kellen Winslow Jr. 13 years ago. I get taking the best player available, but being realistic is also a trump card.

Mel Kiper Jr. Jr. is at it again in the NFL draft forum.  He's like a bad penny. @MWil23 @LETSGOBROWNIES(I know there are others that are fans of his material, I just forget who)

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

June - Build Player Database

July - Build Player Database

August - Prospect Quick Viewing

September - Background Work

October - Background Work

November - Background Work

December - Player Database Condensing/Organizing

January - Film Evaluation

February - Film Evaluation

March - Prospect Measurables Review

April - Final Grades

May - Final Grades

That is pretty much my schedule. Of course there are exceptions. 

June - Read experts opinions on possible people that could enter draft

July - Write said names down

August - Youtube clips

September - See above ^

October - Write about above "film" ^

November - Condense 1,000 player "database" into only 500 prospects

December - Write said names in "database"

January - Watch bowl games and Youtube

February - Watch NFL combine and step up Youtube game

March - Come up with clever but meaningless evals such as shin length and hip structure

April - Combine "measurable" and Youtube clips with what Mel Kiper's list looks like

May - Pimp evals like a boss

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

All I know is I really hope he doesn’t sit there on his couch in his man cave neglecting whatever family in real life that he has to compile a list just to post on here and Twitter.

I thought he was too good for FF and had moved onto greener social media pastures?

I actually came across a tweet of his when randomly browsing twitter during the leaked Browns email fiasco. Even when I'm not on here, I can't escape him.

41 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I thought he was too good for FF and had moved onto greener social media pastures?

I actually came across a tweet of his when randomly browsing twitter during the leaked Browns email fiasco. Even when I'm not on here, I can't escape him.

He can't quit us, he needs an audience.

8 hours ago, Dogbite said:

I agree with this. Him and Quenton Nelson are the driving force behind the Notre Dame turn around and somehow Mike McGlinchey is getting all the hype. Nelson is the real deal and Adams is a tank.

Nelson looks like one of the best guard prospects in the last few years, he just keep looking more and more impressive.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, and I'm with @Mind Character, give me playmakers, idgaf what you call them.

If we get another freak TE who can create mismatches, great.  It's not like teams haven't had two good TE's before...Gronk and Hernandez, Gronk and Bennett come to mind.

Count me in this boat as well. I want us to stop trading out of slots when potential studs are staring us in the face and start grabbing them. We need difference makers, period. The coach will have a nice problem to solve if they happen to be at already solid positions. I saw quite a few sets this past  weekend where teams had a TE split out wide - a threat is a threat. Now if there was an equally highly graded WR sitting at the slot where the TE was staring us in the face, I'd prefer to go with the WR, but if not, we're not deep enough to turn our nose up at pro bowl talent.

8 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Count me in this boat as well. I want us to stop trading out of slots when potential studs are staring us in the face and start grabbing them. We need difference makers, period. The coach will have a nice problem to solve if they happen to be at already solid positions. I saw quite a few sets this past  weekend where teams had a TE split out wide - a threat is a threat. Now if there was an equally highly graded WR sitting at the slot where the TE was staring us in the face, I'd prefer to go with the WR, but if not, we're not deep enough to turn our nose up at pro bowl talent.

I'm all for miter trades, the trades are the reason we have so many picks in the first place.

Good teams consistently draft well in the late teens and 20's, no reason we can't either.

I want a qb at 1 and then more moneyball personally. I'd like another pair of firsts in 2019 too.

Archived