2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

11 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Maybe they think he can be an edge rusher...

No way at that size. HE lacks both height and weight. This is an awful pick in the 4th round. I thought Pace takes best player available.

Measurables:
6’1″ 229 lbs
SPARQ: 121.0
RAS: 7.48

Rankings:
CBS Sports: #10 ILB (#211 overall)
NFL.com: #14 ILB
NFL Draft Scout: #10 ILB (#237 overall)
Bleacher Report: #42 LB (#354 overall)

WKU vs Middle Tennessee (15 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1 FF)

Scouting Reports
Lance Zerlein – NFL.com
Dane Brugler – NFL Draft Scout

Analysis: Iyiegbuniwe opted to go to the NFL after his redshirt junior season rather than to return for his final year at Western Kentucky. He put up a lot of big numbers last season (116 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss) but there are some questions about his skill set. He is likely a late-round pick that will be relegated to special teams duties the first few seasons in the league. He has the athletic upside to run in coverage but doesn’t have the size or physicality to take on offensive linemen and blow up running plays. Iyiegbuniwe is a rangy linebacker somewhat in the mold of a “Dollar Linebacker” or in-the-box safety. One scouting report called him “a linebacker in a safety’s body.”

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I remember back in 2016 Andrew Billings falling to the 4th and everyone know no longer will run stuffers only be picked high in the draft...this year the day of the thumping only linebackers have came to an end...if you can't cover you can play in the NFL today.

Very true! I didn’t think of that but you are totally correct. 

5 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

No way at that size. HE lacks both height and weight. This is an awful pick in the 4th round. I thought Pace takes best player available.

1) It’s a 4th round pick. I know he found some good players late but the odds any of these guys are any good is slim to none

2) Ever think that maybe a professional football organization’s big board is *slightly* more accurate than yours?

3) Every publication has called him either a sleeper or a 3rd round value. Maybe Iyiegbuniwe will be good, but he probably won’t, just like the rest of these guys

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

1) It’s a 4th round pick. I know he found some good players late but the odds any of these guys are any good is slim to none

2) Ever think that maybe a professional football organization’s big board is *slightly* more accurate than yours?

3) Every publication has called him either a sleeper or a 3rd round value. Maybe Iyiegbuniwe will be good, but he probably won’t, just like the rest of these guys

The Bears aren't always right. Pace drafted Kevin White. There are times that I am right and the Bears are wrong.

8 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

The Bears aren't always right. Pace drafted Kevin White. There are times that I am right and the Bears are wrong.

Who would you rather have? Because like MM said (and I said), at this point, you’re hoping for contributors, likely on ST. At this point I don’t really care who they pick because 95% of them will suck

Just now, bkokot said:

At this point, we literally only have 3 bodies on the roster at OLB... It's a serious concern because we are an injury to Floyd away from having negative pass rush.

So far this offseason WR, TE, ILB, and CB has been fortified. Every team is thin at at least one position.

Archived