2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Well i didnt like it day 2 but it sucks he wont be there. At least its not GB

I wonder if OAK moved up in front of them for that reason: they had an inkling he was going to the Packers.

Key has so much talent. I hope his mind is straight.

i believe harrison phillips is still available, he would be good at DE. Same with Hurst

Crosby could push Massie off the roster, or stay as a swing while he plays out his last season

Would Sweat really not play next year? i thought it was a past injury, but i'll admit i'm not too familiar

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i believe harrison phillips is still available, he would be good at DE. Same with Hurst

Crosby could push Massie off the roster, or stay as a swing while he plays out his last season

Would Sweat really not play next year? i thought it was a past injury, but i'll admit i'm not too familiar

Not Sweat, Kentavius Street tore his acl a few weeks ago.  I liked him A LOT

Vexed that we haven’t yet addressed edge rusher, but if you think I’m in any way upset with Smith, Daniels and Miller you’re out of your mind. That’s a damn HAUL. That’s two sure fire day 1 starters and an immediate contributor if not a starter in Miller, with 4 picks still to go. I don’t care who “your guy” was - if you dislike this draft you’re bat **** crazy. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Vexed that we haven’t yet addressed edge rusher, but if you think I’m in any way upset with Smith, Daniels and Miller you’re out of your mind. That’s a damn HAUL. That’s two sure fire day 1 starters and an immediate contributor if not a starter in Miller, with 4 picks still to go. I don’t care who “your guy” was - if you dislike this draft you’re bat **** crazy. 

I'm sure they're eyeing some more developmental guys, and while I'm disappointed they didn't address it early...I get it. They thought Smith was special, and can provide something the defense was lacking. And they ain't wrong. ;) Can't crush it when it comes to filling every need, and Smith can provide at least some pass rush pop. 

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Eyeing 4 guys at 125:

Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest

Josh Sweat, Florida State

Dorance Armstrong, Kansas

Jalyn Holmes, Ohio State

I would LOVE to get Josh Sweat.  Obviously he's a project but man, he's gifted.  I could see Vic loving to have a guy like him on his squad.

I am okay. Bad edge class and you don’t want to force things.

Need some developmental bodies off the list provided.

Going to be on Fangio to create more pressure. But he got his secondary back in tact and a stud at ILB, so hopefully he is up to the task,

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Just saw the bit with "Pancho Billa". Great television.

Sometimes it's nice to be reminded just how freakin' awesome professional football is...

Psh that wasn't for the fans, for the publicity and image. The NFL is a business. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm sure they're eyeing some more developmental guys, and while I'm disappointed they didn't address it early...I get it. They thought Smith was special, and can provide something the defense was lacking. And they ain't wrong. ;) Can't crush it when it comes to filling every need, and Smith can provide at least some pass rush pop. 

In terms of an immediate need from where we were last year what we were really lacking was edge pressure on 3rd down. Situational rushers the like you find later in the draft (think Mark Anderson’s rookie year as a 5th round pick) can really provide a lot of that for us too. Smith is also an effective blitzer too where Kwiatkowski really isn’t. That helps as well. I do expect an edge addition or maybe even two tomorrow. 

Archived