2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

I'm still very excited by some of the prospects.

DT - Maurice Hurst (unlikely to play in base but if we are in nickel, I have him in there penetrating)

DE/NT - Settle (dude just dominates the LOS)

EDGE - Josh Sweat (physical freak)

CB - Nickerson (elite athleticism - can keep with the fastest WRs)

OT/OG - Crosby (once he loses some bad weight he will be able to play RT IMO)

ILB/OLB - Okoronkwo (violent guy - fun to watch)
ILB - Jewell (mini- Zach Thomas)

WR - St. Brown (matchup catalyst, needs work though)

CB - Averett (elite athleticism - lacks the production of Nickerson)

QB - Falk (need a back up, I want one guy learning the system this year)

HB - Ballage (think he is going to be a better pro than college player)

OT - Richardson (Massie's 2019 replacement)

OLB - Armstrong (reminds me of Willie Young - he is a bit smaller but more athletic)

TE - Thomas/Schultz/Smyth (would mean we have no reason fro Sims and he could be our FB as he is a plus blocker - I'd wait til the 5th at earliest though)

S - Watts (could be solid back up for Jackson and Amos both)

QB - McGough (could be a fantastic back up or have trade potential - physically a comparable match for Tru)

S - Allen (lack of ball skills is why he is lower for me)

WR - Callaway (Pace won't draft him but in the 5th you will not find a more talented player - if he wasn't an idiot he'd have been drafted before Miller)

OG _ Teller - Dude is an ox. Doesn't fit with our scheme as much since he is a power-based OL, but as a late round pick I'd be ecstatic.

Lots of guys I like today tbh. Some have been mentioned already: 

RB: Ballage, Mark Walton

OT: Harrison, Jamarco Jones, Will Richardson

EDGE: Sweat, Armstrong, Okoronkwo, Ejiofor, Ostman

DL: Hurst, Settle, Trenton Thompson, Hand

CB: Averett, Davontae Harris

S: Kevin White’s little brother, Igwebuike, Allen, Elliott 

WR: Cain, Hamilton, Russell Gage (UDFA), Trinnamen (UDFA)

I really want to grab Street today and let him pay dividends in 2019 coming in as a situational rusher but having spent a year being able to rehab in an nfl training program.  I think he has the potential to be real special.

Ive been on Ballage for a while.  If you are going to gamble on HWS day 3 is the day to do it. I suspect Howard is not going to be offered a second contract and i really am starting to buy into the exoendability and replacability of rbs in todays nfl.  Draft them late, keep em young, let them go.

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Does anyone remember what G08 said he would do if the Bears drafted a WR in the 2nd?

To be fair I said pending trade ;)

We went iOL with our round 2 pick, which was what I expected :P

I'm curious why Josh Sweat is still sitting there, must be his medicals I would think. 

I hope Pace kicks the tires on him but if he doesn't like him just take Dorance Armstrong if he's on the board. Don't care for his hurt burst but he's long and he's got some bend to him. 

Find your developmental tackle in round 5 for all I care... 

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I’m baffled right now because the talking heads are raving over the Bears draft and I can’t remember the last time that happened.

I was thinking the same thing. Mayock gave both 2nd round picks a B, but overall we are getting a lot of praise in the national media

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm curious why Josh Sweat is still sitting there, must be his medicals I would think. 

I hope Pace kicks the tires on him but if he doesn't like him just take Dorance Armstrong if he's on the board. Don't care for his hurt burst but he's long and he's got some bend to him. 

Find your developmental tackle in round 5 for all I care... 

His knees are really bad. My brother is a big FSU fan. He never panned out in large part due to those knees. His talent is second to none but I doubt he has a long career

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

His knees are really bad. My brother is a big FSU fan. He never panned out in large part due to those knees. His talent is second to none but I doubt he has a long career

I felt he was misused there honestly. His combine was insane and at this point, for a 4th round pick, if I get 3 or 4 solid seasons out of him just rushing off the edge I'm good with it. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Lots of guys I like today tbh. Some have been mentioned already: 

RB: Ballage, Mark Walton

OT: Harrison, Jamarco Jones, Will Richardson

EDGE: Sweat, Armstrong, Okoronkwo, Ejiofor, Ostman

DL: Hurst, Settle, Trenton Thompson, Hand

CB: Averett, Davontae Harris

S: Kevin White’s little brother, Igwebuike, Allen, Elliott 

WR: Cain, Hamilton, Russell Gage (UDFA), Trinnamen (UDFA)

Trenton Thompson has every trait you need in a 5 tech...same for Hand...both just haven't put to together...yet...

Really like the OLB value right now.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Trenton Thompson has every trait you need in a 5 tech...same for Hand...both just haven't put to together...yet...

Really like the OLB value right now.

I remember Hand coming out; he was a monster. From what I’ve read there are questions about his commitment. Apparently he’s extremely smart and may want to start his engineering career sooner rather than later

Archived