MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, Glen said:

False. I claimed Khabib was not justified in his actions. You said "it depends on what he said". I said no.

You just can't remember correctly.

Did I not just prove it depends on what he said? It seems you just agreed that there are things you can say serious enough to justify trying to fight somebody.

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

haha exactly.

"LESNAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH BATTERY FOR PUSHING DC, MUH LEGAL TECHNICALITIES"

"DC JUST GOT DONE FIGHTING, NO WAY SHOULD LESNAR BE PUTTING HANDS ON DC AND THROWING HIM ACROSS THE OCTAGON, BAN HIM FOR LYFFFEE"

Come on....you’re better than this...you know that’s different

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so if youre sister was never raped you would still fight him?

And you keep ignoring the actual debate so ill just take it as you backing off your absurd claim that ufc fighters getting hurt outside the ring is a bugger deal than paying customers being put in danger.

You already lost the actual debate. What Conor did was worse for the UFC's business than what Khabib did. There's no arguing that. Look at the buzz the UFC is getting. What Khabib did might actually help their business. It was a bad thing to do, but it might have a positive result. And as far as I know, no fan got injured. On the other hand, Conor injured both UFC fighters and the UFC's business.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Like I said before....no chance the “he said mean things” defense works when they ask you why you jumped the fence and initiated the fight lol

I never used that excuse, I agree it's a terrible one.

Khabib made an absolute dumb move, but he still isn't responsible for his team punching Conor, unless it was somehow pre-meditated by the team.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Did I not just prove it depends on what he said? It seems you just agreed that there are things you can say serious enough to justify trying to fight somebody.

You are never justified trying to assault someone while at work

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, if he hit him, that's a crime. That puts him on even ground with Conor. However, Conor hurt the UFC's business more, so I will still call it a more significant event.

I actually disagree with the “hurting the business” angle.

dows it make them look bad, sure...will it create more PPV buys, absolutely.

the only way it truly hurts is if Fox doesn’t want to be Associated with those types of spectacles anymore