MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

I haven’t seen striking movement that this style bender presents since Anderson Silva.. he moves like the matrix.. and his timing is absolutely ridiculous. 

I think Jacarae finally deserves a title shot and should face Whittaker. 

And make Romero vs Style Bender. If Adesanya wins then give a title shot. 

Jacare might have finally earned his title shot. Even though he's 2-2 in his last four, with both losses to the two fighting for the title now, he probably has the best case. Romero has lost two shots and can't make weight, Rockhold and Weidman both just got flatlined.

Seems like the two choices are either Jacare fights the winner, or we have Jacare vs Stylebender as the title eliminator. Kinda makes sense, since if Whittaker-Gastelum happens in February, they probably won't be ready to fight again until mid-2019 at least. Could have Jacare vs Stylebender on the same card too. It's a semi-hometown fight for Izzy, and one will be ready to step up if Whittaker or Gastelum gets injured

Middleweight seems wide open right now. Romero and Souza are old (and Romero should go up to 205), and Rockhold and Weidman keep getting murked. Brunson is a gatekeeper. Now we've got Izzy, Costa and Shoeface coming up. Till potentially too, that would be fun. Cannonier looked great today too.

Hopefully we get a couple of great matchups between these guys before Costa pops.

Watching the card now

Stylebender winning in the Stylebender way!!! He flips Brunson the bird and finishes him shortly after. Love it. Crazy how much smaller he is than Brunson and yet is stopping all those takedowns

Also, love seeing my boy Jacare win. Still dont think he can beat Whittaker but that head movement was nice to see for a change. Fight was ultra close. Had it 1-1 going into the 3rd and was close before the finish. Wish the ref didn't make him have to hit Chris a few more times, he was out cold. 

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Wish Chris and Jacare would go to the ground

Do you though? The standup battle we saw was awesome. I expected someone to try and take it to the ground in the 3rd since I had it 1-1 and a TD could mean the fight for whoever secures top position but I was glad it didn't go to the ground 

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Middleweight seems wide open right now. Romero and Souza are old (and Romero should go up to 205), and Rockhold and Weidman keep getting murked. Brunson is a gatekeeper. Now we've got Izzy, Costa and Shoeface coming up. Till potentially too, that would be fun. Cannonier looked great today too.

Hopefully we get a couple of great matchups between these guys before Costa pops.

Any particular reason why you expect him to pop?