MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cant imagine he'd be cut after beating MM. This whole thing with the Flyweights is kind of funny though. Makes sense they sent MM away to make this "make sense"

If you won your last fight and have fights remaining on your contract, you cannot be cut by the UFC.

This is so disappointing about the flyweight division. It feels like the UFC is taking a step back, instead of forward, as it should be.

I just don't get what is the negative of having a flyweight division. Sure it doesn't draw, but just don't put 125 fights as ppv headliners then. It's not like people are declining to watch a ppv just becuase there's one flyweight fight. And it's not like it's diluting talent in the surrounding divisions either. 135 is one of the strongest divisions in the UFC.

Oh well. I'm excited to see 135 now, with the added talent. And I'm excited about seeing Cejudo on steak instead of salad. But as a fan of the sport, this feels like a kick in the nuts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

This is so disappointing about the flyweight division. It feels like the UFC is taking a step back, instead of forward, as it should be.

I just don't get what is the negative of having a flyweight division. Sure it doesn't draw, but just don't put 125 fights as ppv headliners then. It's not like people are declining to watch a ppv just becuase there's one flyweight fight. And it's not like it's diluting talent in the surrounding divisions either. 135 is one of the strongest divisions in the UFC.

Oh well. I'm excited to see 135 now, with the added talent. And I'm excited about seeing Cejudo on steak instead of salad. But as a fan of the sport, this feels like a kick in the nuts.

Yea I'm not crazy about it but none of us are surprised. Hopefully 135 will be flushed with a ton of great talent for a long time with this move

On TUF, Maurice is freakin scary when he drinks and honestly he looks like he could be another Jesse Taylor where he could win it all but at the same time could get kicked off the show. What's different this year over Jesse's season is there are FW women here with these HW dudes. They have to be legit scared for their lives when Mo gets like that right?

19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cant imagine he'd be cut after beating MM. This whole thing with the Flyweights is kind of funny though. Makes sense they sent MM away to make this "make sense"

He's definitely not getting cut, he was just on the JRE and said that he's in discussions with the UFC to fight Dillashaw for the 135 title. 

17 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I agree with you, the UFC needs to be adding more divisions, not eliminating them. It'll be interesting to see how all of the 125er's adjust to being at 135. I think Cejudo has a really strong shot at beating Dillashaw, as of right now he's probably the only guy that has a chance.