MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I tend to agree but he obviously stands a much better chance in kickboxing than a MMA fight. No chance he is stopping a shot at all

His boxing wouldnt help him all against a top level kickboxer, especially if its muay tai. His legs would be chewed up in the first minute of the fight.

Holy effing ****, what a crazy bit of news about Floyd...and VS NASUKAWA? I thought it would be against some can in a freakshow fight. All I wanted to see was Nasukawa vs Kaito at NYE, but this will more than do lol

This is legit an insane macthup.

Edited by Mossburg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Holy effing ****, what a crazy bit of news about Floyd...and VS NASUKAWA? I thought it would be against some can in a freakshow fight. All I wanted to see was Nasukawa vs Kaito at NYE, but this will more than do lol

This is legit an insane macthup.

On paper...until you realize it is not what you think it will be lol.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

On paper...until you realize it is not what you think it will be lol.

True, no details announced. Like as soon as I saw NASUKAWA on the site I immediately had a flash of Nasukawa by flying knee in my head. I need to curb my expectations, this will likely be some ridiculous special rules BS.

50 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

True, no details announced. Like as soon as I saw NASUKAWA on the site I immediately had a flash of Nasukawa by flying knee in my head. I need to curb my expectations, this will likely be some ridiculous special rules BS.

Not even sure what they will come up with. Boxing match with MMA gloves? Kickboxing with boxing gloves? But this to me is to lead to something bigger and that I can't quite put my finger on. 

big ONE fight card coming up this Friday (even with Angela Lee pulling out). Bibiano Fernandes (current lineal Conor Belt holder, 22-3 on a 14-fight win streak) in the main event. 20 year old phenom Christian Lee in the co-main. also Garry Tonon's fighting, as well as a few high-level Thai fighters in kickboxing fights.

Askren's debut targeted for UFC 233 in January, against Robbie Lawler. interesting matchup, clearly whoever can keep the fight where they want it should take the W. Lawler's takedown defense has been insanely good the last few years, but it remains to be seen how it will hold up against a guy like Askren.

11 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Askren's debut targeted for UFC 233 in January, against Robbie Lawler. interesting matchup, clearly whoever can keep the fight where they want it should take the W. Lawler's takedown defense has been insanely good the last few years, but it remains to be seen how it will hold up against a guy like Askren.

Exactly.  I think Askren will be able to get some takedowns, but can he hold him down?