MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Have you seen him?

If not, google Paulo Costa now

I could see Costa vs Izzy as a next fight and it’s kind of like Conor vs Max’s first fight. Two absolute stars fighting before they are stars. I really wanna see Izzy vs Whittaker for the title if Izzy gets some more wins. Two of the best kickboxers in MMA, easily. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I could see Costa vs Izzy as a next fight and it’s kind of like Conor vs Max’s first fight. Two absolute stars fighting before they are stars. I really wanna see Izzy vs Whittaker for the title if Izzy gets some more wins. Two of the best kickboxers in MMA, easily. 

Does Izzy really need more wins? And by that I just mean plural. Since his next fight is likely not vs the 2 fighting for the belt now, I think if he beats anyone else in the Top-7 or so they should give him a shot. Yoel cant make weight, Rockhold could move up, Weidman just lost

Honestly I wouldn't mind Jacare v Izzy for the next title shot

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does Izzy really need more wins? And by that I just mean plural. Since his next fight is likely not vs the 2 fighting for the belt now, I think if he beats anyone else in the Top-7 or so they should give him a shot. Yoel cant make weight, Rockhold could move up, Weidman just lost

Honestly I wouldn't mind Jacare v Izzy for the next title shot

I agree with you Izzy should only need one more win, either Romero or Jacarae. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I agree with you Izzy should only need one more win, either Romero or Jacarae. 

Those both would be VERY interesting fights. Izzy has the obvious cardio advantage on Romero but when Yoel turns it up for his brief stretches he is so dangerous, obviously the best wrestler Izzy has faced and probably the biggest dude he's faced yet

Jacare on the other hand isn't much of a wrestler but his BJJ is something Izzy hasn't seen either. Jacare's head movement better be on point though because he gets rocked fairly easily nowadays. 

As a big Jacare fan, I want to see him get him next shot and Yoel move to 205. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know DC doesnt want to fight at 205 anymore unless its Bones but

What if Yoel fought for the belt at 205 vs DC?

Wouldn't that be a pretty good fight? Someone who is an elite level wrestler that DC hasn't fought yet and has some serious power/hands albeit with cardio issues

Would be a great fight, but DC's not going to take that fight. Not enough in it for him to drop back down to 205.

Guy weighed in at like 250 for yesterday's fight. He's working on a Roy Nelson gut. the only thing big enough to motivate him to drop back down is to fight Jones again, and even then maybe not

59 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

holy **** mayweather fighting MMA in Rizin. Dec 31.. holy hell 

edit: NOT MMA my bad. might be kick boxing 

edit 2: sounds like a long-term partnership 

Doubt it. If he fights anything other than boxing he would get murdered.

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Would be a great fight, but DC's not going to take that fight. Not enough in it for him to drop back down to 205.

Guy weighed in at like 250 for yesterday's fight. He's working on a Roy Nelson gut. the only thing big enough to motivate him to drop back down is to fight Jones again, and even then maybe not

Yea I know it would never happen but it would be an awesome fight to see. Someone that can at the very least come close to DC's wrestling but also a solid striker too