MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Only reason I don't is because Aldo got beat so badly by them both.

I get that but his resume is still longer/possibly better than Conor's at FW even with the loss there. He did win in quick/dramatic fashion over Aldo and short-rest Mendes and Poirier. Aldo did it for so long its hard to dismiss him so easily. 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get that but his resume is still longer/possibly better than Conor's at FW even with the loss there. He did win in quick/dramatic fashion over Aldo and short-rest Mendes and Poirier. Aldo did it for so long its hard to dismiss him so easily. 

That's true. It'd be Conor hands down if he did what we wanted and stayed a crackhead. I firmly believe that. Love to see him put Max to sleep next. It'd be a great way to get back into the groove.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

That's true. It'd be Conor hands down if he did what we wanted and stayed a crackhead.

Yea if he cleaned out everyone like Max, Ortega and Frankie then without question. He should have stayed at FW because he at least had Frankie to fight which would have been awesome and then after that Holloway would have been on the way up there too.  Aldo beat everyone throw at him for like a decade the way MM did, he just eventually lost and has clearly lost a step for sure

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea if he cleaned out everyone like Max, Ortega and Frankie then without question. He should have stayed at FW because he at least had Frankie to fight which would have been awesome and then after that Holloway would have been on the way up there too.  Aldo beat everyone throw at him for like a decade the way MM did, he just eventually lost and has clearly lost a step for sure

It'd be a Max Conor rivalry at best.

53 minutes ago, Utley said:

Wasn't really dirty? Are you new to MMA? These aren't street fights. 

No im not....thats why ive seen thay knee a hundred times. You think a fighter got up but he didnt. Any real mma fan has seen that knee a hundred times and understands it happens. 

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

No im not....thats why ive seen thay knee a hundred times. You think a fighter got up but he didnt. Any real mma fan has seen that knee a hundred times and understands it happens. 

His nearest knee was on the ground. He didn't think he got up.

2 hours ago, eagles101 said:

I'm chalking this up as a inexperienced mistake. The DQ is legit but I don't feel Hardy had deliberate intent.

He'll learn and get another fight

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Mens:

Flyweight: Demetrious Johnson

Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz

Featherweight: Max Holloway

Lightweight: BJ Penn 

Welterweight: Georges St-Pierre

Middleweight: Anderson Silva

Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones

Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier

Womens:

Strawweight: Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Flyweight: Valentina Shevchenko

Bantamweight: Amanda Nunes

Featherweight: Cris Cyborg

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

dirty implies he threw it knowing it was illegal, what proof is there pointing to that?

He'd been training for 2.5 years to fight. You mean to tell me in that time he never bothered to learn that you can't knee an opponent who is on the ground? This isn't like the Jones-Hamill DQ. This was dirty.

28 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm chalking this up as a inexperienced mistake. The DQ is legit but I don't feel Hardy had deliberate intent.

He'll learn and get another fight

Exactly. Dq was justified. Inexperienced fighters do it more often and ive also seen experience fighters throw a knee at an opponent after getting to one knee. Im not a hardy fan but that happens. In the heat of the moment you think the opponent is getting up but is just getting to one knee. Rumble didnt land it but he threw a worse knee to koscheck.